Topic: Opening Main Form

Hi all,

I've just had something strange happen.  When I open my project it opens in one of the sub forms, not the main one.
-
I've been making changes to my project & I'm guessing that I have done something but I can't figure out what?
-
Is there some way to set which form opens first when opening a project?
-
Thanks, Frank

Re: Opening Main Form

I was just clicking around and I noticed that the form Icon for my sub-form was Orange in color.  All the rest are Blue in color.  I assume that the orange means it's the main startup form.
-
While I was clicking around, the Orange color went back to my Start form.  I don't know what I did to make that happen??  I think it might be aliens smile
-
It's working OK now but I'd love to know what I did to make it change so if it happens again I'll be able to fix it.
-
Thanks, Frank

3 (edited by derek 2020-09-02 21:06:27)

Hi Frank,
It is always the left-most form in the development window that opens first when you run your application (unless you've specified something different using a script).
Click on the form's tab (in the development window) and drag it to the left;  this should fix the problem (see screenshot).
Derek.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon frank.jpg 56.19 kb, 97 downloads since 2020-09-02 

With some more trial and error, I just discovered that if I click on a form title and drag it over and place it just to the right of my Script file, which is next to the Database tab, then the form I moved changes to Orange and becomes the Start form.
-
Is this the way it's supposed to work?
-
Maybe it's not aliens after all !
-
Thanks, Frank

Thanks Derek
-
When I was working on my project, I must have accidentally dragged one of the other tabs to the start position.
-
I should have done my experimenting before I posted my question.  But maybe it will help some other folks who might run into the same problem.
-
Thanks, Frank