Topic: Two foreign keys from same table.

I have a table_1 (AA_011_MF_SWITCH) where there are 2 foreign keys (for source and destination) from another table_2 (LU_003_FUND_SELECT). While setting up an auto-query for a table grid on table_1, how to distinguish between the 2 keys? (i.e get the right source fund and destination fund from table_2). Please help.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon 2_foreign_keys.JPG 75.63 kb, 108 downloads since 2020-11-14 

Re: Two foreign keys from same table.

Hello,
I have created calculated fields in table_1 to get the right data from table_2. Is there a better way?
Eyeman303

Post's attachments

Attachment icon foreignkeys_calculated_fields.zip 67.55 kb, 226 downloads since 2020-11-14 

eyeman303,
That's the way to do it.

ehwagner wrote:

eyeman303,
That's the way to do it.

без проекта не понятно, что именно вы пытаетесь сделать.
without a project it is not clear what exactly you are trying to do.

Hello Ehwagner and Sibprogsistem
Thanks for endorsing the method. The data are correctly displayed in the table grid.
The project is about creating a Mutual Fund Database. One table_1 (AA_011_MF_SWITCH) stores mutual fund switches between Source_Fund and Destination_Fund. This data is collected by form AA_Form_011_MF_SWITCHES_RECORD, which contains two combo boxes for Source_Fund and Destination_Fund. The dropdown list in these fields refers to the foreign keys from the lookup table of mutual funds (LU_003_FUND_SELECT). I was in doubt about how to get the correct Source_Fund and Destination_Fund, from the lookup table, when a table grid auto query is set up to get all data from the  table_1. Finally creating calculated fields in table_1 for Source_Fund and Destination_Fund gets the correct data.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon 2_Foreign_keys_Form.JPG 55.43 kb, 115 downloads since 2020-11-14