Topic: Dmitry Where Are You?????

Hello All MVD,

Enough is enough, for real ,  anybody know what happened to Dmitry?  Is MVD support gone forever?
Please someone who knows the whereabouts of him let us know.  The community needs to know the
truth.  We want answers.

Re: Dmitry Where Are You?????

If Dmitry no longer wants to continue, he can sell his business to others, so that he can continue with the updates

Domebil

Instead of bashing around to get an information about Dimtry, it would be more effective to use the time for looking for an alternative. All of us who are working with scripts could give Pilotlogic or Lazarus IDE a try if Embarcadero is to expensive. For all the others, there are maybe other tools around.

Take the situation as it is.

Just my two cent on this.

4 (edited by vovka3003 2021-06-27 14:58:51)

manixs2013 wrote:

I think we need to send letter to the government of RUSSIA to assist us to locate Mr. DMITRY for our concern.  At least we formalized our grievance to the company "DRIVESOFT:.   

To all favorable with this kind of position, please confirm.

Thank You!

To whom and what are you going to file a complaint to ..? And what does the Russian government have to do with it?
Did someone give you special guarantees for something?
Eбнyтый кaкoй-то чeл...)) Интерпол и НАТО еще подключи, дoлбoeб...

Hi Vovka3003
Dmitry isn't russian.
He lives in Bulgaria
JB

Hello lostdb and MVD fans,

There are alternatives to MVD (Symphitum, Korduene, NSBase ...). I tested them : not as efficient as MVD, often usable in their own environment (rarely generating a standalone .exe like MVD does).
The most interesting is Lazarus, which I personally like because he codes in Pascal which is my language of choice as MVD which also codes in Pascal).
In the meantime, there is no doubt that Dmitry will have read all these messages of concern about the future of MVD and I have no doubt that he will come back to us.

JB

lostdb wrote:

Instead of bashing around to get an information about Dimtry, it would be more effective to use the time for looking for an alternative. All of us who are working with scripts could give Pilotlogic or Lazarus IDE a try if Embarcadero is to expensive. For all the others, there are maybe other tools around.
Take the situation as it is.
Just my two cent on this.

Delphi Community Edition free version Rad studio 10.3
https://www.embarcadero.com/ru/products … e-download

jean.brezhonek wrote:

Hi Vovka3003
Dmitry isn't russian.
He lives in Bulgaria
JB

I know

in fact, it either makes it open source or sells the Drive Software company.

Domebil

10 (edited by v_pozidis 2021-06-28 12:19:55)

It's ok if drivesoft has change hands. The problem is the support and if it will be continue as a software.Can someone send a simply software with a database in  lazarus??? I know pascal but I do not know how to connect lazarus and sqlite or another database???

domebil wrote:

in fact, it either makes it open source or sells the Drive Software company.

Agree. Make it an open-source if the company cannot maintain it. There's a lot of potential on the MVD software. It really helps creating database application in an easy way. There's a lot of masters here to help it grow. smile

brian

Calm down, hotheads. Dmitry is alive and well, after some time he himself will decide the fate of his project. And if someone wants to repeat or even surpass this project, then go ahead! Go for it! And don't forget to tell us when the first release comes out.

https://image.freepik.com/free-vector/flat-computer-engineering-concept_23-2148167491.jpg

Визуальное программирование: блог и телеграм-канал.

Is MVD moving from desktop to mobile devices? That would be great!!

If you're reading this Dmitry, thanks for the excellent support you've given (and several others) to make my projects possible. I'd love to see you back here but if that just isn't going to happen for whatever reason, I hope all goes well for you in your future endeavors.
David

radsoft wrote:

If you're reading this Dmitry, thanks for the excellent support you've given (and several others) to make my projects possible. I'd love to see you back here but if that just isn't going to happen for whatever reason, I hope all goes well for you in your future endeavors.
David

Ну вот... Нормальный адекватный чел.

This is all about day dreaming... Why Mr. Dmitry has no appearance dispite that all members in this room are wondering him.. He is the only one who can give us clear answer of our speculations, No one else. 

We hope this is clear to all subscribers and to Mr. Dmitry.   Please Please have an announcement,  at least for our future.. We cant deny that your software gave us future and livelihood.

MVD is an incredible application! I have looked around as I'm sure many of you have too, and there is nothing that really compares with it. Everything else is very expensive and "online." I don't want an online or web based application - especially if I am paying $10 or more Dollars/Euros a month subscription. I cannot afford that. But, what I can afford is to pay a reasonable amount for MVD upgrades.

MVD is, in my humble opinion, undervalued. It is very inexpensive, perhaps too inexpensive and when compared with popular other near no-code database applications is a fraction of their cost (Filemaker, Ninox, Airtable, Access - and some of these aren't anywhere close to "no-code").

Perhaps if the application was priced according to its truer worth, development would continue because that would be the ultimate incentive to do so.

Of course, nobody wants to pay more, but if you look at any alternatives near or far to what MVD brings in technology and capability, then a modest increase is justified - if it can bring the next release closer to fruition.

I also think that more could be done to publicize MVD to a broader audience. How about a FaceBook page? I know, I'm not a FB person, but I do use it for my hobby related items - in fact support from some very technical tools is provided by an FB group - I just don't use FB for "social" reasons.

Anyway, my point is that there isn't anything focused on Rapid Application Development for databases quite like MVD - it is unique, it is polished, it is powerful. I'm ready to support the next version regardless of however small with a payment.

Chris.

18 (edited by k245 2021-07-21 06:24:28)

Agilefalcon wrote:

...I also think that more could be done to publicize MVD to a broader audience. How about a FaceBook page? I know, I'm not a FB person, but I do use it for my hobby related items - in fact support from some very technical tools is provided by an FB group - I just don't use FB for "social" reasons.

Nice speech. I agree with you on all points.

The page on FaceBook already exists. (https://www.facebook.com/myvisualdatabase/) The problem with it is the same as with the main project. There are other resources on social networks related to MVD, including in English (https://vk.com/createmyvisualdatabaseapp_en). What is missing on the Internet is advertising for this project, but this is a question for the owner.

If someone has a real business proposal for Dmitry, write to him in a personal. Perhaps you will be more fortunate ))).

On the other hand, no one bothers to promote MVD on their pages in blogs or social networks.  Like me ))) https://createmyvisualdatabaseapp.blogspot.com  With Google you can read it in any language )))  https://translate.google.ru/?sl=ru& … =translate

J'ai afficher le lien sur Facebook

Destiny

Anybody seen Dimitr?

21 (edited by haciamirumbo 2021-08-29 13:56:43)

I respect every opinion or complaint about Dmitry. But before complain you should ask yourself some questions and think yourself the answers. For example, there are some of the questions I asked myself before buying the software:
1)Is My visual database a complete database solution? My answer was yes, it is.
2)Has MVD all the resources to do all the database software possible? Yes
3)How is the learning curve? Small for small applications, medium(SQL language) for medium applications, large (code scripting) for large or very complex applications
4)Could you do a complete and simple application without writing any single line of code? Yes
5)The same 4 questions but instead of a simple application a complex application? Yes, you can do very complex applications but you should know SQL and if possible Object Pascal language(but the code required probably is going to be 98% less than doing the same in Delphi starting from scratch).
6)If I purchase the license do I have support? Yes, you have support, and 95% of the support comes from many experts in the forum but ask yourself  When you buy an excel or MS office what type of support do you have? I have not seen any email or answer from Bill Gates to anyone "EVER" so, why do you need Dmitry?
7)If the software has a bug Dmitry is going to fix it? I prefer to ask Drive soft if it is going to be fixed it? Yes, without any question, but I have not seen many many bugs uploaded what I see is people requesting to program something that they do not know how to do it...Ask again yourself: the Microsoft or Google technical support is going to program my software for me? The answer is NO......so why then Dmitry has to program your software? He could or could not help you programming your software.....but he does not have to.
8) Who qualified guy help in the forum when Dmitry is not available? If you check every request you will see a lot of active users helping others
with very high skills in MVD and Delphi...............besides Dmitry ask the users: k245, derek, ehwagner, brian.zaballa........and so on
9)Are there resources to learn? Yes, you have the book, the help file, or you could take a beginner's MVD course or SQL advanced course here is the link https://vk.com/createmyvisualdatabaseapp_en or https://sites.google.com/view/my-visual-database
10) I understand that we have been educated in a society that teaches you the word: Give me, Give me, give me instead look and research for yourself. So my advice is to download the book,
read it, practice, practice, practice, download examples from the forum, keep studying, then do a project and if you are stuck upload your project to the forum with the questions you have, please do not pretend that derek or the other guys are going to guess your project or your questions for you, they are not wizards or a warlock. you will suddenly see that you are not going to need to ask for Dmitry.
11)Dmitry is a person and has a life like you.

Best regards, Jaime.

hello Guys

Any friends of DMITRY in this forum?   Please Confirm! We need a feedback, news about him.   Otherwise, we do not have a future on this software!

Manixs

manixs2013 wrote:

hello Guys

Any friends of DMITRY in this forum?   Please Confirm! We need a feedback, news about him.   Otherwise, we do not have a future on this software!

Manixs

Сюда не пробовал писать..?

Maybe to make it more understandable to some people why a part of us becomming scared about the situation with Dmitry.

Some of us have found MyVisualDatabase after Brilliant Database users have got no more response from the single developer and owner of the company.

The last Version 10 was announced with "breaking changes" with would improve everything. The company has left us with a crappy version and this has ruined some businesses. An old forum at dbforums has had at the end farwell messages from ruined businesses.

Now another company where only ONE developer/owner is in the forum active and ony mysthic status messages about him are comming. We have Covid-19, experience with the other company and now our fear comes that the same shit happes again.

This is not the time of mysthic statements that Dmitry is well and that he will deccide what the does with this company when the time is right. The users in the forum can help with questions about how to use the software, but they can not improve it or fix the main software. Additional Windows 11 is knocking on the door and Windows 10 gets massive updates. Even Lazarus is talking about that the compiler environement needs some fixes to keep working in the future and that this would be an ongoing work.

I am regret all other people here who are stating that everything is fine and it is enough that the others in the forum helps. When MyVisualDatabase fails one day and there is nobody to fix problems inside the main software they have their answer. At least at this they they could think about the future of their company and how fast they could learn to work with another system.

Keep on risking your income and your business or the business of your employers. Others will be happy to expand their business on your ruins.

Again, this is nothing personal against MyVisualDatabase, Dmitry or other employees from him. It is only the bad experience from the past not to trust companies where it is unclear if they are still active or dazed. Business is to fast these days to work with unneccesary additional risks. Even when Idera/Embarcadero or Microsoft would have a lack on information we would complain there.

25 (edited by k245 2021-09-06 07:36:14)

somewhat wrote:

Maybe to make it more understandable to some people why a part of us becomming scared about the situation with Dmitry...

Totally agree with you. But I want to note that this is the case with any business - it is fraught with risks, even if you rely on such unsinkable aircraft carriers as Microsoft or Apple.

In essence, I can only say that Dmitry regularly uses Skype, so I consider fears associated with panic around the now popular virus to be irrelevant. But the peculiarity of Dmitry's character does not imply frequent and regular communication, so I can not say anything more.