1 (edited by papafrankc 2021-08-02 03:04:59)

Topic: Display field on a table grid

Hi All,
I have 2 tables - Equipment and Service.  I have a form for each.  I would like to show the LastSvcDate from the Service table on the Equipment table grid.  So I added the LastSvcDate onto the Equipment table grid.
However now when I add a new service for a piece of equipment it makes a complete new entry on the equipment table grid.  So it looks like there are 2 pieces of equipment with the same name.
And if I try to delete the extra entry, it deletes both of the equipment entries.
Also I would like to show ONLY the latest related record from the Service Table.
Any thoughts will be appreciated.
Thanks
Frank

2 (edited by derek 2021-08-02 10:08:31)

Re: Display field on a table grid

Hi Frank,
Can you attach the project.
On the face of it, it sounds either like the joins between 'equipment' and 'service' are incorrect or the the wrong main table has been specified on the 'equipment' tablegrid.
Did the problem only start once you added 'lastsvcdate?  Is 'lastsvcdate' a calculated field?
Derek.

3 (edited by papafrankc 2021-08-03 00:09:38)

Re: Display field on a table grid

Derek,
Thanks for getting back to me.
No, LastSvcDate is not a calculated field.
I do agree it might be a join problem.  I am also seeing some other things that aren't working.  These things are working in my previous application so I must be doing something wrong.
I'm going to work on troubleshooting these other problems, and I'm guessing whatever these problems are, that they're related to my equipment/service issue.
Yes, the equipment/service problem only occurs when I add the LastSvcDate to the Equipment table grid.
I'll update this post after I finish checking the other stuff that doesn't work correctly.  I like to try to figure out as much as I can on my own.  I know you folks can probably do it much quicker but this way I learn more things...or at least I hope so smile
Thanks
Frank