Topic: Missing you Dmitry.

Hello friends.. any news about Dmitry. Where is he???
I think Dmitri should be back.. we are missing him

Re: Missing you Dmitry.

Hi blackpearl,

I second your post title!  Unfortunately, we haven't seen any signs lately...

-joshuA

"Energy and persistence conquer all things."

Он жив здоров, но возвращаться к проекту и развивать его дальше - не планирует.

Is he developing anything new?

Considering the technical development of windows, what will we do with MVD in a few years? Is he possibly interested in releasing the source code so that the community keeps MVD alive?

teco049 wrote:

Is he developing anything new?

Considering the technical development of windows, what will we do with MVD in a few years? Is he possibly interested in releasing the source code so that the community keeps MVD alive?

This would be a good idea.

6 (edited by vovka3003 2023-04-14 12:18:38)

teco049 wrote:

Is he possibly interested in releasing the source code so that the community keeps MVD alive?

Нет, потому что исходники содержат компоненты, лицензия которых не предусматривает свободное копирование в открытом (не компилированном) виде.

If and only if he would really be interested he could publish his own work only and give a component list with used components. API Calls to the third party components are normaly not restricted in publishing.

When somebody want to compile the published source, he/she need to purchase the third party components by himself/herself.

When I sell my sourcecode to customers I to it the same way.

A Delphi Project folder does not include third party libraries exept you have made some mistakes when development and installing third party libraries.