Topic: Supported MySQL client version with mvd

Hello,

I would like to use MySQL instead of SQLite. Is it possible to know which version is compatible with mvd ?
I am currently using  MySQL 8.0.31 and I have the following error message :

#8004Client doesn't support authenticated protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client.

Do you know how to solve this issue ?
Many thanks .
BRegards,

Yves

Re: Supported MySQL client version with mvd

Hello Yves,

I'm using MySQL version 5.6.51 for my MVD LAN-based projects. Unfortunately if I'm not mistaken, this is the latest mysql version you can use with MVD.

brian

There is the possibility you need to change the Authentication method,  I have used v8.0 with MVD some time ago and I had to set the authentication method to the legacy type.

On a clear disk you can seek forever

CDB wrote:

There is the possibility you need to change the Authentication method,  I have used v8.0 with MVD some time ago and I had to set the authentication method to the legacy type.

do you perhaps have with you a snippet or sample on how to change the auth method?

brian

5 (edited by brian.zaballa 2023-04-14 14:51:05)

oh. nevermind. got it working. thanks to chatgpt. smile it is a server side thing. just change to mysql_native_password on your mysql 8 yves if it is not a big deal on the security measures of your mysql database server and you can connect to it. thanks CDB. been looking for this for quite sometime now.

brian

6 (edited by yves.feigneux 2023-08-14 08:38:14)

thx to chatgpt :-): thx  Brian