Topic: Image Selection

Hi everyone
in the attached project, a picture is shown for each record in Form1 but you need to click on each record for the image to be shown.
Is there anyway that the record is selected with the keyboard arrow keys and the image is shown in the (Form1, DBImage)?
thanks a lot

Post's attachments

Attachment icon DbImage.zip 334.76 kb, 81 downloads since 2023-06-17 

Re: Image Selection

Hi,
You could try it like this (see attached). 
There is also a 'no code' possibility but only if you are using 'storefile' (which you are).  Be aware that over time, the size of your application will possible get quite large when using 'storefile'.  Perhaps you might want to consider using the 'linkfile' option instead.
Also, your data schema is puzzling - you use 3 boolean fields in the 'boy' table to indicate marital status and yet you also have a 'status' table (and even more puzzling, the 'status' table is configured with 3 fields).
Derek.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon DbImage1.zip 470.88 kb, 88 downloads since 2023-06-17 

thank you derek for your help and the great tip (Storefile , Linkfile)
that's exactly what I needed
the attached project was a sample one and when I used your script In my own project, unfortunately it doesnt work.
I attached the project again and please tell me what am I not doing right?

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Check.zip 335.1 kb, 66 downloads since 2023-06-18 

You have changed the procedure name in the script but you have not linked the procedure to any event for the tablegrid (see screen1 and screen2 in the attachment).
Derek.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon getimage.zip 117.97 kb, 80 downloads since 2023-06-18