Topic: Help adding Tax on my receipt.

Hello. I am still learning on the program. but i was able to create my database

1. i'd like to know the correct formula for adding tax on my receipt. ( i am using the .fr3 format)
2. when you open the program it doesn't show the profile i created. you need to hit search first.
3. i'd like to see is it possible to display the purchase history with amount, date and rep who assisted

Thanks in advance. I searched for hours all over the internet and i couldn't get the answer

Re: Help adding Tax on my receipt.

here is the file: rakuten-drive.com/dl/4F3LTKRP

Please disregard the file moon.zip

3 (edited by sdpc62 2023-06-19 07:45:06)

Hello, my "Vehicle tracking1" program on Rakuten is not complete, this is an example and you only have the first form.

Hello,
Before you worry about the tax calculation, I believe there are a number of issues with your data structure that you first need to review.  Specifically,
1.  You have a 'client' table but when you create an invoice, you do not select a client from that table.  Rather, you enter the client details every time (as if it were a new 'client').  This, in effect, means that you are creating duplicate client records repeatedly every time you create an invoice.  If you get a lot of repeat business from people, then you probably want to hold those details in a 'client' table but if most of your business is 'one-off' then is there any need to hold all those details in a separate 'client' table?
2.  You have a similar issue with the 'bills' table;   every time you add a new 'service' it is creating a new bill (so effectively you can only ever raise single line bills - is this really what you want)?  If not, you need to think about creating a 'bill header' table and a related 'bill lines' (or 'bill details') table.
3.  On the 'bills' table, you don't have a bill number so how can it be accurately referenced?
There may be other issues - I only had a quick look at your project.  But as a general rule, if your data is not structured correctly, then your program is unlikely to work correctly either.
Give a shout if you need any help.
Derek.

Hello Derek,

Yes actually you are right about that. and i am currently working on 1,2,3. this project was downloaded to the website "Customer Invoices Database"

and the main goal is to have a database that
1. i can have a customer's record with a history of purchases with a timestamp
2. can print an invoice.
3. Can add, edit and delete products.
and 4. can add, edit and delete the rep who assisted that customer.

to be honest i am new to this kind of IT staff. but so far this program gave me freedom.
and big shout out to you guys here who help me.