1 (edited by krokodil_sk 2015-12-15 13:01:04)

Topic: Sort in Combobox

Hi,

Before updating from SQLITE do MYSQL i cann sorting in Combobox with change the ID of the object and then autosort in combobox.
Script wat i use :

procedure FORM1_BtDown_OnClick (Sender: string; var Cancel: boolean);
begin
  if(FORM1.TABLEGRID.SelectedRow<FORM1.TABLEGRID.RowCount-1)then
    begin
         SQLExecute('UPDATE DB SET id="'+inttostr(500)+'" WHERE id = "'+inttostr(FORM1.TABLEGRID.SelectedRow+1)+'"');
         SQLExecute('UPDATE DB  SET id="'+inttostr(FORM1.TABLEGRID.SelectedRow+1)+'" WHERE id = "'+inttostr(FORM1.TABLEGRID.SelectedRow)+'"');
         SQLExecute('UPDATE DB  SET id="'+inttostr(FORM1.TABLEGRID.SelectedRow)+'" WHERE id = "'+inttostr(500)+'"');
          FORM1.TABLEGRID.SelectedRow := FORM1.TABLEGRID.SelectedRow+1;
         FORM1.TABLEGRID.dbUpdate;

end

end;

The problem in MYSQL is that ID start at number 1 but in mysql the ID start at number 0.
Becouse this my script not working in MYSQL.

I can create some standing column in databaze and change stih value +1 or -1 but after this a cannt change sorting combobox by another column. Just by ID.

I try this to but without good output.

procedure Form1_ComboBox1_OnMouseEnter (Sender: string);
var
    m,i : integer;
begin
      m := sqlexecute ('select max(DB_standing) from DB');
      i:=0;
      while(i<=m)do
      begin
         Form1.ComboBox1.Items.add(sqlexecute('select DB_standing from DB where DB_standing = "'+inttostr(i)+'"'));
          i:=i+1;
      end;
      removedupli(Form1.ComboBox1); // procedure from me

end;

Cann please somebody help ???

Re: Sort in Combobox

Hello,

You forgot put the script.

Dmitry.

Updated my script UP

Unfortunately I can't understand your question

The problem in MYSQL is that ID start at number 1 but in mysql the ID start at number 0.

??

Can you attach your project and please let me know steps to reproduce the problem.

Dmitry.

The project has more than 10 000 line.
Is not the best idea to upload them.

My issue is.

1.How can i change the auto id number with button move up and move down? I want to change position items in  the auto sorting by ID in combobox.

2.How can i sort the Combobox by another field not ID.Example sort combobox by db_surname or another column.

Thx,

krokodil_sk wrote:

The project has more than 10 000 line.
Is not the best idea to upload them.

My issue is.

1.How can i change the auto id number with button move up and move down? I want to change position items in  the auto sorting by ID in combobox.

2.How can i sort the Combobox by another field not ID.Example sort combobox by db_surname or another column.

Thx,

1. I made an example for you (attached).

2. You can use small hack for this, using property Filter of ComboBox, example:

1=1 ORDER BY db_surname
Post's attachments

Attachment icon Change position of records.zip 8.58 kb, 682 downloads since 2015-12-17 

Dmitry.