Re: File menu

I know that. But that's not an answer to my question.
I give up trying to explain what I want to do. Seems we have a language barrier.

You guys seriously need to work out a complete manual in english.

Hi Roger, Dmitry, Jean and any one else.
As I understand it,
1.  The standard menu items appear ONCE AND ONCE ONLY in MVD - on the first form that is called by your application.
2.  You can remove the standard menu items with a few lines of script which is attached to the first form of your application;  and because the standard menu items ONLY appear on the first form, there is no need to attach the same few lines of script to any other form.
3.  You can replace the standard menu items with your own menu items by script;  and following the logic from above, the script to replace the standard menu items is only attached to the first form of your application  because this is the ONLY PLACE where it appears.
4.  Dmitry has written a script that allows the replacement menu items to appear on a form OTHER than the first form in your application.  In other words the replacement menu items can now appear on Form1 OR Form2 OR Form3 etc etc.
5.  However, I believe the actual requirement is that the replacement menu items appear on Form1 AND Form2 AND Form3 etc etc.
I have attached a small project just to clarify what I think Roger is trying to achieve, using buttons that look a bit like menu items(!) that switch between forms in any sequence!! 
I have already used this approach in an application where users want to swap between forms and whilst it works, I will be the first to admit that it isn't particularly clever.
If this IS the sort of thing that Roger is after and using the attached project as a template, maybe someone could come up with a better way of achieving this.  Or maybe Dmitry can amend the 'Mainmenu on Form2' script to work across all forms - I had a brief attempt and failed miserably - LOL!
Let's all try and work together on this as I'm sure many of us would find it very useful.
Derek.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon roger.zip 335.61 kb, 428 downloads since 2015-12-17 

Roger and Others:
I'll be upfront with you, I am brand new to MVD and Pascal. I've only been around it for about a month, but I was able to follow Dimitry's example and I expanded his example a little to actually show File menu navigation on other forms. See if this is what you are looking for. If I'm off base, sorry.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon RogerFileMenus.zip 336.76 kb, 448 downloads since 2015-12-17 

Hello All MVD's users !

I'm bringing my two cents in this discussion.
General rule, menus created by a developper are present to help the end user to master the simplest possible software (and without too much effort).
When I did develop softwares for my business, I always was writing a kind of specifications, including about menus.
Each time the user wanted them to appear on the main form, especially not on other forms. In these cases, I suggested menus with sub-popup menus specific to the desired functions (called by right-clicking).
The main menus appear above the forms called and they do not move. Users do not particularly want to bother with a menu that disrupted the crowd more than anything else.
I added icons that had the same functions as the menus but it was at the request of users (and I always do with MVD).
Besides professional applications have substantially all a menu bar items with activated or deactivated depending on the situation.
When I was in business, I have never lost sight of the end user wants to immediately get to the point when he uses the software as part of its business.
And this is a principle that still has meaning for me now that I am retired (but I still program).

I think we should focus less on the role more or less complex menus but a successful program that perfectly suits the needs of the end user.

JB

Jean - I totally agree, all apps should be designed and built to suit the needs of the end user and their workflow. It's got to be as easy and simple as possible. Most Windows programs probably could be built without any kind of menubar. There's really no right or wrong way. I guess the right way is what the end user actually requires. Most users of Windows programs come to expect some sort of menubar and maybe Roger's user(s) is one of them. Maybe Roger can show them an alternative. Based on what I have learned from Dimitry's example, it could get quite involved building menubars throughout the app especially if there are a lot of forms. I agree it can be disruptive to bounce around forms by placing all your forms in a menubar of all the other forms. Not knowing Roger's user requirements, this forum can only try to help him get to where he needs to be if possible.

Derek - It's funny you mentioned a "false" form. That's exactly what I did in my project while testing MVD. Most Windows applications have a main application window from which dialog boxes, forms, reports, etc are displayed within. I noticed very early on in evaluating MVD that this is not the case with MVD. All forms which are not maximized open up over your desktop or whatever program is running behind the MVD form. So I created as my first form a backdrop window (maximized). From there you can go to a login form or whatever is the real first app form through a script, not a button. Essentially all forms from that point on look to be opened within the main window. It works and it looks more professional. I know this is off topic from the menus, but I thought I would mention it to you since you said "(can't imagine why though)"  :-)