Topic: use Database with concurrent User

Hello,

I just have some questions regarding the Database behind the tool.

1. how can I export or create an .exe File with my project to use it on other Machines?
2. can I run the database on a mapped drive, so all clients (.exe) can connect to the same database?
3. what Happens when 2 clients are change something in the same database? Has only the last one right? If so, what happens with the second changes? Are they overwrited ?
4. Is there a kind of check in / check out mechanism to prevent a overwriting of multiple changes from multiple clients? Or may there is a reload first when I change something in the database.

Thanks for any hint

cheers

gieri

Re: use Database with concurrent User

Hello,

1. Exe file will be created in the project folder after first launch of your project from My Visual Database.
Just copy entire folder of project on other machines to use it.

2. Copy database file (sqlite.db) to the mapped drive then open settings (Options > Settings > Tab "Database location") to set a new database location.

3. Last one will overwrite the record.

4. No. But you can do it this check using script.

Dmitry.

Multiuser management is not a problem at all if you use a MySQL connection wink

Thanks Drive Soft and tcoton,
@ tcoton, this means when I use the included sqlite db, there will no problem or overwrting of unsaved data when 2 user work with one db?

Cheers

gieri

MySQL will manage concurrent accesses in a way that if 2 users try to overwrite the same data at the same time, the changes will be "queued" transparently for the users.