Topic: Groupbox, combobox and images

Hello,

can anyone explain to me for what is GroupBox?

another question is for a project that i have, i have a combobox with two options (two names) and what i want is to when i select a name of that combobox a picture appears in the form, for example:

if i have a name Martin and John, if i choose john on the combobox it will appear the john photo and if i choose Martin it will appear Martin photo.

is this possible? is there a way to store those pictures in database and make the appear only when we select the name? or do i need to have the pictures in the project folder and make some code with the path to them?

thanks

Re: Groupbox, combobox and images

Hello,

GroupBox need just for user interface (decorations).

I made an example for you, how to load photo using ComboBox

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Combobox and picture.zip 85.52 kb, 827 downloads since 2016-02-10 

Dmitry.

Hi Dmitry,

I discovered a "funny" bug with your project using MVDB 2.3 for the first time.

The textbox LastName has a reversed text justification, when you choose left, it goes to the right and vice-versa!

The funny things is that the textbox just below does not have this issue!

http://myvisualdatabase.com/forum/misc.php?action=pun_attachment&item=1755

Post's attachments

Attachment icon v2.3-textjustify.jpg 85.43 kb, 261 downloads since 2016-02-10 

tcoton
Hello,

May be you changed property BiDiMode to bdRightToLeft  ?

Dmitry.

5 (edited by tcoton 2016-02-11 08:58:12)

I changed nothing, I opened your example as it is smile The bidimode property is set to rightToleft on this txtbox straight out of the zip file.

Please check property BiDiMode, should be bdLeftToRight

Dmitry.

Thanks for your help once again.

Another question, i have several combobox with i can insert new items to then, but i have some that i just need them to have Yes and No options, for i dont need to have a new record button..etc to insert them at the first time to these combobox, how can i insert by script default values in the combobox?

Montenegr0 wrote:

Thanks for your help once again.

Another question, i have several combobox with i can insert new items to then, but i have some that i just need them to have Yes and No options, for i dont need to have a new record button..etc to insert them at the first time to these combobox, how can i insert by script default values in the combobox?

Hello,

I made an example for you:

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Add values in ComboBox using SQL script.zip 7.25 kb, 471 downloads since 2016-02-12 

Dmitry.