Topic: Filtering Search Button

Hi
In my project there are 20 textboxes. is there any way that for each textbox, I place a checkbox related to that textbox in order to filter the search.
for example when I click on the checkbox1 in the search form, the search button only searches the textbox1 and  tablegrid shows only the results of the textbox1
and when I click on the checkbox1 and checkbox2, the search button only searches the textbox1 and textbox2 and The tablegrid only shows the result of textbox2 and textbox3
could you please correct the attached project?
is it possible using version 1.45?
thanks

Post's attachments

Attachment icon 1.rar 293.76 kb, 443 downloads since 2016-02-22 

Re: Filtering Search Button

Hello,

There is no need checkboxes. Search button uses TextBoxes for search which have some text, if TextBox is empty it is ignored in the search.

Dmitry.

3 (edited by identity 2016-02-22 14:21:05)

Hi
thanks for your reply
I know that but when you leave a textbox empty, and search another textbox, the tablegrid  shows all the textboxes .
for example suppose that There are 4 textboxes: First name, Last name, Date of birth, Father's name
what I want to do is that when I search textbox " first name" and "last name" and click on the search button, the tablegrid only shows first name and last name and accordingly I can export only first name and last name fileds to Excel.
but in the case that you said when a textbox is empty, tablegrid shows all the textboxes.
is there a script for the search button that when you press it, the tablegrid only shows textboxes based on the textboxes that I choose?
for example sometimes I like the tablegrid to show only first name and last name not date of birth and father's name
and sometimes I like the tablegrid to show last name and father's name and not first name and date of birth
is this kind of filtering possible at all?
thanks

An example for you:

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Grid with select need columns 1.45.zip 6.01 kb, 499 downloads since 2016-02-22 

Dmitry.

Thanks
It works fine except the Excel part
the whole idea is that when I filter the search for example when the Tablegrid only shows "First name" and "Last name" , a button exports only these rows to Excel.
but in your script no matter what checkboxes you click, Excel Button export all the Tablegrid rows to excel form
can this be fixed?
thank you

identity wrote:

Thanks
It works fine except the Excel part
the whole idea is that when I filter the search for example when the Tablegrid only shows "First name" and "Last name" , a button exports only these rows to Excel.
but in your script no matter what checkboxes you click, Excel Button export all the Tablegrid rows to excel form
can this be fixed?
thank you

It's not possible in version 1.45, but I fixed it in the 2.4 beta version:
http://myvisualdatabase.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2179

Dmitry.