1 (edited by AD1408 2016-07-28 22:19:14)

Topic: What is and what is not

You have created a nice software application. I like to say nice software development application for non coders but I'm not sure about it in proper sense. I had a look for answers on your website but couldn't locate.

Is My Visual Database for home hobby uses or we can create self contained database app, where compiled version can be distributed.

Say, I created a db app with My Visual Database and compiled my db app. I sent compiled db application to somebody. Can he run the compiled application without having My Visual Database in his computer?

Adam
God... please help me become the person my dog thinks I am.

Re: What is and what is not

AD1408 wrote:

Is My Visual Database for home hobby uses or we can create self contained database app, where compiled version can be distributed.

All your projects is self contained database app. You can distribute or sell them.

AD1408 wrote:

Say, I created a db app with My Visual Database and compiled my db app. I sent compiled db application to somebody. Can he run the compiled application without having My Visual Database in his computer?

The result of your work will be a Windows application that does not require My Visual Database or third-party components.

Just copy your database project folder to another PC and it will work. In the folder of project you can find executable file (it appears after first time run project from My Visual Database).

Dmitry.

Re: What is and what is not

Thanks a lot for the quick reply Dmitry...

Now, I can delve into exploring it further properly.

And Now, I can say you have developed GREAT database development application for non coders.

Most likely, I'll come across features that I'd want to see adding but they will not change my mind about how good job you have done with My Visual Database.

Keep up the good work....

Adam
God... please help me become the person my dog thinks I am.