Topic: More than one photo

Hi again,
i want in my database to have in every record , about 5 to 15 images....can i?

How many records can i save in a database? Is there any limit?
Thanks

Re: More than one photo

Ok, SOLVED.....i try it and i found it....i was getting a message error for the name of the item in my table, and i just rename it with no spaces...Thats it....But if you know i would like to know if there is a limit to how many records can i save!!

Re: More than one photo

Hello zizou17,

Well, the implementation limit for SQLite3 says :

The theoretical maximum number of rows in a table is 2^64 (18446744073709551616 or about 1.8e+19). This limit is unreachable since the maximum database size of 140 terabytes will be reached first. A 140 terabytes database can hold no more than approximately 1e+13 rows, and then only if there are no indices and if each row contains very little data.

In this quote you have the maximum limit of records AND the max disk space, I doubt you'll reach any of them smile

Seriously, adding images will "load" your database file and ultimately, your system will slow down while querying for data. But, to ease things out a little, I personally have a database with 25 tables, the biggest one being 30.000+ records, and a lot of images in it for a total size of a little under 2Go and the system is quite responsive, no noticeable slow-downs (I use it on a SSD drive though).

What really slows my system down is when I display a tablegrid with 2500 rows in it, and calculation performed on linked tables, other than that everything is fine.

Hope it helped

Cheers

Mathias

I'm a very good housekeeper !
Each time I get a divorce, I keep the house

Zaza Gabor