Topic: Running forms on different resolution screens

Hi to all,

I made an application on my desktop computer that has a high resolution. I then ran the application on my laptop that has a lower screen resolution. The problem that I had on my laptop was that I could not see the whole form as I had designed it on my desktop. I could not navigate to the right of the form to click on the buttons I had designed there. I could only see and use a part of the form e.g. 75%. The rest of the form was not shown nor could I navigate to that hidden part. Any suggestions?
How can the forms auto resize based on the screen resolution.
Also can someone suggest a good book for programming with examples?

Thanks to all
George

Re: Running forms on different resolution screens

Hello Geochrist

Do you use property Anchors. ?
This one hangs the component to the parent form so they are resized when the shape is changed.
Use this property with Bottom, Left, Right and Top checked
The form parent must be sizeable on True

JB

Playing with anchor does not work that well, I already tried it and most of the time the full UI is totally messed up when trying to resize to a smaller screen.

I had to entirely re-design my UI to fit small screens...

Hello tcoton

Yet it is the role of  property Anchors.
I  tested it ont 2 laptops : 17'' and 15''.
In most cases it works well, but on occasion, it was limited.
Waiting to see if it suits geochrist.

JB

Hi,
i think solution with Anchors not working properly fine.
I tested With Full hd monitor 24'' and laptop 15''.
The result is very bad.
Only way is re-design the UI like mr.Coton write.
But if you just develop the db on laptop 15'' and you want use it on 24'' maybe is enough to move your components like buttons , somewhere where you see it on 15'' .
And then put it back.
With re-design the UI you have a lot of work because you can't select all components from Form and move it.If you have 250 text boxes on one Form you need about 2 hours to make it. hmm

Maybe Dimitry has the evolution solution ?  big_smile

Brgds,
K.

6 (edited by geochrist 2017-07-12 08:33:17)

Hi

I have not found a solution. I program on a laptop with hd display. When I run the app on other computers with other resolutions I have problems.\
Also under windows 10 many times the app does not appear correct on screen. Do you have any settings that I have to apply to the app (right click on app icon >>>properties) so that windows runs it correctly?

Can someone help me on the above issues?

Thanks
George

geochrist wrote:

Hi

I have not found a solution. I program on a laptop with hd display. When I run the app on other computers with other resolutions I have problems.\
Also under windows 10 many times the app does not appear correct on screen. Do you have any settings that I have to apply to the app (right click on app icon >>>properties) so that windows runs it correctly?

Can someone help me on the above issues?

Thanks
George

Please attach your project and screenshots to understand the problem, usually the property Anchors solves the problem with different resolutions.

Dmitry.