1 (edited by timlitw 2014-09-10 00:07:52)

Topic: I need help with forms

here are several items I haven't been able to figure out.

I am makeing a database to store container records as we fill and refill them.

so in my form when I choose a container then I need to pull the capacity and empty weight  from the container table into fields on the form - then when the product is choosen I need to pull in the product density of the product. ( density is the weight per gallon) then I need to calculate the gross lbs of that container filled with that product so empty weight + ( capacity * density of product) the capacity field needs to be editable in case they are only partially filling the container.

Is this able to be done in a form?

then I also need to pull some other information from the product table either into the form or just into the saved data whenthe form is saved.  the product epa# and the product lot#  at first I thought they could be lookups in the report - but they change and we need to be able to see what they were when the container was filled.

I updated the attached file - I found the rest of the files where needed smile   
on the FillAContainer form there are several things that need to happen via script or script and sql query
when container is selected, the container capacity, needs to be populated, the Tare weight needs to be populated and the Dot Inspection date needs to be populated, and a notification popped up if the DOT date is more than 36 months old
then when the product is selected the product epa, the lot# , the density need to be populated and then the Projected Gross needs to be calculated,
then when the Gross weight is entered the net weight should be calculated and then the Gallons be calculated from the net weight / the density

Hopefully this is possible so far I am really enjoying this program.