Topic: ODBC/JDBC connections?

Hi!

Since you support MySQL (and hopefully MariaDB) will you support other ODBC/JDBC databases in the future? Derby, HSQLDB, H2, Postgres,SQL, and Oracle would be some that would be awesome! I have been looking for a GUI generating tool and this looks like it may be just what I am looking for.

Note: in 3.01 BETA the hello world message box is displayed in the example (engine for sure) databases. Do you really mean for that to happen?

Thanks,

Dave Venus

Re: ODBC/JDBC connections?

Hello.

While I don't plan support other databases.

Note: in 3.01 BETA the hello world message box is displayed in the example (engine for sure) databases. Do you really mean for that to happen?

I just forgot to remove ShowMessage from script.

Dmitry.

Hi,

after nearly 2 years an update-question.

Has anything changed in your opinion about Postgres, etc.?

Oracle is tighten their license politics. A consultant from Orcale told our company, if we would use MySQL internal only, a license would be currently  not needed, but if we sell any software who uses MySQL we would need to purchase a developer license, exept we sell Open Source. Internal usage could be changed in the near future. Even for VirtualBox you need to purchase a license if you use it in a company.

Please let us know.

lostdb wrote:

Hi,

after nearly 2 years an update-question.

Has anything changed in your opinion about Postgres, etc.?

Oracle is tighten their license politics. A consultant from Orcale told our company, if we would use MySQL internal only, a license would be currently  not needed, but if we sell any software who uses MySQL we would need to purchase a developer license, exept we sell Open Source. Internal usage could be changed in the near future. Even for VirtualBox you need to purchase a license if you use it in a company.

Please let us know.

It's not true.
You must buy license only if you distribute MySQL together with your product.

If user must download and install MySQL himself, in this case no need to buy any license from Oracle.

More info
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/427 … pplication
https://softwareengineering.stackexchan … de-i-wrote

Dmitry.