Topic: Temporary GridView Datas!

Hi,
I think this is Good Idea that users can put some data's to GridView and after click on save button data's wrote to database!
I've seen your Invoice template and I found users can wrote Items to database without assigning them to an Invoice!!!
This is Make database fulled up by unusable data's!
Also I don't know how can I validate input values before wrote them down to database! For example I need to put an Item to database with a SKU number, so I want to search database for that SKU number and if it exist automatically put it to GridView and if not show an error message smile

Thanks a lot

Re: Temporary GridView Datas!

Hello,

sonixax wrote:

Hi,
I think this is Good Idea that users can put some data's to GridView and after click on save button data's wrote to database!

This function is planned.

sonixax wrote:

I've seen your Invoice template and I found users can wrote Items to database without assigning them to an Invoice!!!
This is Make database fulled up by unusable data's!

You can make some fields is required.
http://myvisualdatabase.com/forum/misc.php?action=pun_attachment&item=233&download=0

sonixax wrote:

Also I don't know how can I validate input values before wrote them down to database! For example I need to put an Item to database with a SKU number, so I want to search database for that SKU number and if it exist automatically put it to GridView and if not show an error message smile

Thanks a lot

Example, how to validate values before save

procedure Form1_Button1_OnClick (Sender: string; var Cancel: boolean);
 begin
    if Form1.Edit1.Text='' then
    begin
       ShowMessage('Empty value.');
       Cancel := True;
    end;
 end;
Post's attachments

Attachment icon req.png 14.75 kb, 286 downloads since 2014-10-12