Topic: Counter field in report

Hello anyone,
I'm using freeware 1.44 version to evaluate. I was unable to put an AutoNumber field in the report that is in a table. Someone can help me?
Thanks to all.

2 (edited by derek 2019-01-30 02:12:53)

Re: Counter field in report

Hello,
Please find attached a sample program that uses an auto-generated number that shows on all forms and in a report.
I've done this in 1.44 so you should be able to open it and see what's going on.
If anything's not clear, then just ask and someone will know the answer.
Regards,
Derek.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon visitorlog.zip 336.59 kb, 315 downloads since 2019-01-30 

3 (edited by reteinformatica 2019-01-30 15:23:10)

Thanks a lot for the answer. I analyzed your project and I understood more or less what needs to be done. Meanwhile, I had forgotten to put the counter field in action to be taken for the key that I had to do the repot and already there was this error.
But maybe I misplaced the question or maybe I still did not understand what I needed. My report in practice is a contract that I have already written in the report with the designer, what should be put in the report automatically is the registry of the client and up to here no problem. The counter I need to automatically number the various contracts. Now I do not quite understand where I should put this counter, because if I put it in the personal data table, I count every connection of a client and not of the contract.

Please attach your project.

Dmitry.

I attached the project. Thank you!

Post's attachments

Attachment icon SuperGulp.zip 328.52 kb, 328 downloads since 2019-01-30 

reteinformatica wrote:

I attached the project. Thank you!

Unfortunately I can't find in your project AutoNumber field, what exactly do you mean? Do you mean field type "COUNTER" or something else?

Dmitry.

Hello, thanks for the reply. In fact, I deleted the counter field before sending the project. However I understood that I did not understand, the project in general has many gaps. I'm covering a bit 'all the project, then once set well, I'll come back to ask for this information if I have not understood it alone. Thanks again