1 (edited by The Engineer 2019-02-19 21:58:06)

Topic: Suggestion

Dmitry

Hello again, I have a worth while suggestion, which I did mention some years ago.

You know need to introduce 'Copy, Cut & Paste' into your program for speed of working.

To enable flexibility to your Forms.
The Engineer

Re: Suggestion

Hello.

What exactly do you mean? In the current version you can copy, cut and paste components in a form designer.

Dmitry.

Hi Dmitry,
At the moment, I create a panel that is the same size as the form and then add all my objects so that they are subordinate to the panel - then all I need to do is copy / paste the panel.  But using a panel for this purpose is an overhead and the new form must still be created and set up to the correct size, colour etc.
An option to copy an entire form would, I think, be a better way.  Is this something that you might consider?
Derek.

You can copy all components on form without using Panel, just press Ctrl+A then Ctrl+C

Dmitry.

Hi Dmitry,
It's funny (and a bit embarrassing!!) how I sometimes miss things when the answer is right in front of me!
Strangely, Ctrl+A doesn't work for me (but I can right-click and then choose 'Select All'), so it's not a problem.
Thanks,
Derek.

6 (edited by The Engineer 2019-02-24 10:57:21)

I wonder if this procedure still works on older forms.

But Thanks to derek for pointing out that I was going to mention and I didn't know about the Ctrl+A Then Ctrl+C

Thanks

The Engineer

7 (edited by The Engineer 2019-02-24 11:27:47)

The thing is I wanted to copy a form with it table, when selecting all I thought it meant table as well, But that's not the case is it.

What I found when working on two project with two MyVisualDatabase open at once, you can us copy and paste but certain parts attached to the edge of the form and wouldn't detatch afterwards.

I wanted to use Tables and forms created in one database and use in another, and use Drag & Drop procedure to do so.

Otherwise it mean recreating the table & forms over and over again.

My be a good idea would be to have a section in your program that you can save elements of Tables & Forms you create from all your databases which then you can use in others, by dragging and dropping.

The Enigineer