Topic: how to index one table column with another column?

i wanna make invoice form which based on tablegrid, first column i put item code in another next column item name automatically popup, its like a excel vlookup function .sorry for my bad engilsh..

Re: how to index one table column with another column?

Hi,
Have a look at the attached example and the enclosed screenshot.
I have shown 2 ways of doing what I believe you want.
Option 1 uses a small script to retrieve a product description based on a Part No' that you select from a combobox.
Option 2 does not require any code, you just put the fields you want (Part No' and Description) into the combobox.  This also has the advantage that you can then search by entering some of the Part No' or some of the Description, so it is much more flexible.
Derek.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon gamingmastar.zip 514.17 kb, 309 downloads since 2019-05-06 

3 (edited by gamingmastar 2019-05-07 05:56:56)

]It's good, but we only enter one item at a time hmm, I wanna enter multiple items at the same times, I already did this in PHP query, multiple insertion, I need this in pascal. smile , see php example

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Capture.PNG 16.27 kb, 138 downloads since 2019-05-07 

see this too, we only need to type item code and quantity, item name and price automatically popup, and then we click on save invoice no generated, and we easily see our invoice detail by typing our invoice no. hope you understand what i want smile

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Capture.PNG 7.2 kb, 137 downloads since 2019-05-07