Topic: Save multiple images to one record

Hi
I am building an application for storing data about car parts.
So for every part I want to store some pictures of it.
I have a form that I input all the data for each part. Is there a way to save multiple images of the part in its record? I could create for example 5 image fields to store these images but I have to import these images to each field by pressing the corresponding button 5 times, one for each image. Is there a way to have one field that will store multiple images? I wish to select all these images together at once an insert them in the record. The DBImage supports only one file.
Thank you
George

2 (edited by derek 2019-12-11 13:52:04)

Re: Save multiple images to one record

Hi George,
I'm not sure that I'd approach it this way - what if you want more than 5 images?  I think I'd use one table for the car parts data and then a related table to hold how ever many photos you want.
With regard to not wanting to load images one at a time, I wondered if you couldn't take a completely different approach (much simpler with just one table), as follows:
1.  Add a folder within your application (in the attachment, I've called it 'photos' (pretty imaginative - LOL!).
2.  When you add a part no', a sub-folder is automatically created within the 'photos' folder which is named as the part no'.
3.  You can then simply drag / drop in bulk any photos directly into the sub-folder (and don't use MVD at all).
4.  When you want to view the photos, click on the 'camera' icon either in Form1 or Form2 which then shows all the photos within that subfolder.
No photos are stored in the database at all - either directly or as a 'linked file' reference - so it should keep things nice and fast.
Maybe this helps,
Regards,
Derek.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon carparts.zip 1.19 mb, 374 downloads since 2019-12-09 

Hello.

Check out these examples
http://myvisualdatabase.com/forum/misc. … download=1
http://myvisualdatabase.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3474

Dmitry.

Thank you.

Your example app was what I needed.

Thanks again.
George

Is there a way to show the images in the tablegrid1 in the frmEmployee  in your example?

Thank you

Ok I found it.
Had to change the Linkfile to StoreFile.

Thank you for your help.