Topic: Possible bug issue

Howdy MVD!

Happy New Year! Hope 2020 is a safe, prosperous and healthy year for everyone. I am not a good programmer but I try. I have come across a couple of issues that a PROFESSIONAL programmer says maybe a bug in MVD. I have a simple table grid and an update form and when I cancel out halfway through it I get funky errors. I thought it was because of the count in the table grid BUT when I removed it and recompiled it, the bug was still there. I have attached two different screenshots. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Desktop.7z 62.16 kb, 242 downloads since 2020-01-02 

2 (edited by derek 2020-01-02 21:11:23)

Re: Possible bug issue

Hi,
Can you attach your project - hard to tell just from the screen shots what might be behind the error but it'd be unusual for simply quitting out of the 'update' form to cause any problem.
Derek.

Derek--

Please see attached...

Post's attachments

Attachment icon iAppt1-2-20.7z 310.34 kb, 240 downloads since 2020-01-02 

4 (edited by derek 2020-01-02 23:53:00)

Hi,
I had a look at your program but everything seems okay - I can't reproduce any error messages.
The only thing that seems unusual to me is the column footer setting literal - Formatdatetime(hh:nn tt) which doesn't seem to serve any purpose.
What exactly are you doing when the errors occur and what do the error messages say is wrong?
Derek

Post's attachments

Attachment icon scribtx.jpg 254.95 kb, 138 downloads since 2020-01-03 

Derek—

Thanks for your time and effort. I am trying to start by adding a record then stopping and exiting out of the form. Similar to what clients will be doing and I get those weird errors. This happens because I am trying to get rid of the seconds on the time feild in a table grid. Any ideas, how to avoid this issue?

Thanks again,

Scribtx

Derek--

I tried your distinct option in the formula area of the table grid and this is what I got...

Post's attachments

Attachment icon derek.PNG 9.74 kb, 125 downloads since 2020-01-03 

7 (edited by derek 2020-01-03 21:44:08)

Scribtx,
Perhaps I was not clear in my previous post.
My screen shot was not suggesting something you should try - quite the opposite.
The screen shot was simply highlighting that you yourself had specified the 'distinct option' in the tablegrid column footer with a 'time' format that was incorrect (the column footer 'text' attribute is not the place to do that).
With reference to your original post, I have still not been able to reproduce any errors you describe with your project. 
Perhaps other users can try and see if they encounter the problem.
Derek.

Scribtx,
Like Derek I could not replicate your problem/error. It would be much more helpful if you provided more specific information as to what you are doing. Describe what buttons you are clicking, etc.. Screenshots would be very helpful in describing the progression to the error.