1 (edited by dudes2thed0926carla 2014-12-19 16:12:11)

Topic: help to get sum on the field

how can i get the sum of this field - please see the attached file? - sorry totally noob here on the reports/ programming :)

Post's attachments

Attachment icon sum.jpg 13.56 kb, 327 downloads since 2014-12-19 

Re: help to get sum on the field

I can't see in your database table, fields for sum.

You can write in calculated field: field1+field2
Also you can send me your project to support@drive-software.com
I'll try to help you.

Dmitry.

honestly im still in the process of planning my database so i haven't made the entire flow and practicing how to build from forms

but the idea i have is this:

i would like to have a form for purchase items for my inventory stocks, second is a form for sales that i have sold/ deployed and a form for reports.

Purchase items form would contain:

*date of purchase
* supplier
* Item name
* total quantity of my purchase

Sold/ Deployed Form items form would contain:

* date of sales
* client name
* item name
* total quantity of sales

Report form/ inventory contains the following format:

i.e.

Item Name            Total Quantity of my purchase            Total Items Sold                      Total quantity that i need to purchase
                                     (from purchase form)                    (Sold/ Deployed Form)                  (calculation)
===================================================================================================

Toy #1                                 35                                                       20                                                   20 (formula below)

= if total quantity from Total Items Sold is
                                                                                                                                                                                                => 20, then show quantity of 100

thanks and hope you can show me how would this work before i start to build up my own . Thank you in advance

Unfortunately I was not able to understand what you need formula.

Dmitry.

DriveSoft wrote:

I can't see in your database table, fields for sum.

You can write in calculated field: field1+field2
Also you can send me your project to support@drive-software.com
I'll try to help you.

Thank you, I have benefited from you a lot