1 (edited by cmoi 2020-12-11 11:36:20)

Topic: questions about (button -pageControl -chekbox)

Hi all
I have some questions

1 how can I add more than 2 tabsheets in the PageControl.
2 how can i skin the button or add custom icon rather than the default one.
3 any tutorial about chekbox I wanna make the user choose between to options (in /out) for example.
thank you in advanced.

2 (edited by derek 2020-12-11 12:50:11)

Re: questions about (button -pageControl -chekbox)

1.  To add another 'tabsheet', right-click anywhere within the 'pagecontrol' object and select 'new page' (see the screenshot in the attachment).
2.  There is no option to 'skin' an existing button.  In addition to the default icons that MVD provides (add, edit etc etc), it is possible to add your own icons but it is not straightforward and requires a script.  A different option which I think is easier, is to use a transparent .png and associate it (using a simple script) with a button - in other words, when the user clicks the 'add'  .png, the associated 'add' button is automatically clicked;  the 'add' button can then be hidden so all the user sees is the image.   The functionality can be enhanced by using 'hints' against any object (for example, place the mouse over the 'add' image to see an explanation of its use).  Have a look at the attachment for how it's done.
3.  I would always use a 'combobox' - it is easier to create entries of 'in' and 'out'.  Using a 'checkbox' will either show values of '0' and '1' or 'Yes' and 'No' which is less user friendly.
Derek.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon cmoi.zip 463.82 kb, 246 downloads since 2020-12-11 

thank you so much derek i'll check the attachment asap
again thanx for help.

Hello cmoi, Hello Derek

Regarding Add / Remove Tabs in a PageControl, check out the advice that Derek (and I) posted a few days ago on
the precautions to take when working on a PageControl that is quite volatile, as it is easy to delete this component
by mistake for having selected the wrong component.

This is the principle of a container component comprising several other components.
If we erase the container, everything in it also disappears.

JB