Topic: Version 6.5 - Two things

Hello all MVD -

I've noticed two things so far, don't know if it's a bug or just by design but if you apply a style to a role-based user database, you lose the menu in the main window.  No matter if you logo as Admin, you can't see the menu to change password or administer other things.  If you go back to the 'default' window then the menu reappears.  That's one thing.

The other thing, is there a way to supress certain options in the menu for the role-based user schema?  Let me explain, if I only wanted to show the option to change password and the option to close, how can I do this, is it scripted or how do I "shut off" these extra options that the user doesn't need.   Also, is there a way to change the "About" option to a customized one. 

Thanks!!

2 (edited by derek 2021-02-14 21:58:57)

Re: Version 6.5 - Two things

Hi,
I'm not using 6.5 so can't help with your first question.
With regard to the second question, have a look at the attachment (specificallly lines 105-120 in the script.  You simply
1.  write your own procedure to call your own 'about form'
2.  call this procedure when form1.mniabout is clicked.
3.  (optionally) rename the 'about' caption to something like 'About Me'
Set any menu option that you don't want to see to be visible := false (form1.mnioptions.visible := false  etc etc)
Derek.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon gp2k with authorisations fixed.zip 348.73 kb, 208 downloads since 2021-02-14 

Re: Version 6.5 - Two things

derek wrote:

Hi,
I'm not using 6.5 so can't help with your first question.
With regard to the second question, have a look at the attachment (specificallly lines 105-120 in the script.  You simply
1.  write your own procedure to call your own 'about form'
2.  call this procedure when form1.mniabout is clicked.
3.  (optionally) rename the 'about' caption to something like 'About Me'
Set any menu option that you don't want to see to be visible := false (form1.mnioptions.visible := false  etc etc)
Derek.

Wow! well Derek, you fixed both issues with that script!  Styles applied and I can still see the menu, now with the options suppresed
as expected. Good job buddy!  Always on point!

Much appreciated!

Post's attachments

Attachment icon image1.png 27.83 kb, 120 downloads since 2021-02-15