1 (edited by john 2021-05-05 15:29:43)

Topic: Access Violation

Keep getting this when i close the properties on a button.

Access violation at address 0040698c in module myvisualdbase, read address 033b1000

This is odd, i create a new form, add 10 textbox's to it and get the error, if i add one or delete one it goes away.

Any help

John

Re: Access Violation

Hi John,
Sounds odd.  Can you attach your project.
I'll try and have a look and see if  the problem can be replicated.
Derek

Hi Derek,

Thanks for the reply, what is it you need, I can't unfortunately send the data with it as it .5gb and belongs to someone else (You know how it is).
I was hoping there would be some clue in the Violation numbers.
To be honest it's not the end of the world, i just have to remember not to use a form with 10 text box's.

Kind regards

John

4 (edited by derek 2021-05-07 15:25:38)

Hi John,
I appreciate the data sensitivity issue.  You could always take a copy, delete not only the .exe file but also the sqlite.db then zip it and upload it.
There is no reason per se, why you can't have more than 10 text boxes on a form - I have some with upwards of 50 and don't have any problem.
What I have found on occasions is that it will throw an error like the one you're reporting if I've got a form with a lot of fields on it that I've done lots of amendments to (added fields, removed some, renamed them, changed tab sequences etc);  it's almost as if internally something has managed to get incorrectly referenced (a totally non-technical explanation - LOL!).
In those events, I've found the best thing to do is to either
1)  delete all the fields off the form, re-run the program to see if that 'clears' the problem and start afresh.
2)  delete the entire form, re-run the program to see if that 'clears' the problem and start afresh with a replacement form.
It might also be an idea to place fields on the problem form one at a time, run it and, if there is no error, add the next field, run it again and so on.  It's a bit tedious (and obviously you wouldn't usually need to do that) but it might help in pinpointing the issue if it still exists.
(The attachment is just to prove that there should be no limit to fields on a form - honest!).
Derek.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon john text boxes.zip 339.65 kb, 190 downloads since 2021-05-07