Topic: 20 million

Hello MVD!

we expecting 20 million data in our project,  is there a possibility to get slow the browsing in the tablegrid?  please give us feedback and maybe a solutions for this matter.

thanks!

Re: 20 million

Hello.

No need to load all 20 million records to tablegrid. You can set LIMIT for records to show for example first 10000 records or using pagination.

Speed of operation also depends from many other factors like database structure, on the type of search, with indexes or without, text or foreign key and so on.

Here you can download project with 11 000 000 records to test
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kvrs1rot052ku … 0.rar?dl=0

Dmitry.

Thanks DriveSoft!

Hello... upload this project again...
i am facing slow browsing problem. i have approximately 0.5 million records in database... and daily increment is approx 5000.

5 (edited by sdpc62 2021-08-13 12:27:19)

Hello, it is a pity that we cannot see the example because it is no longer online and may interest me, me too for a stock software there are thousands of articles.

Bonjour, c'est dommage que l'on ne puisse pas voir l'exemple car il n'est plus en ligne et ca pourrais m'intéressé, moi aussi pour un logiciel de stock il y a des milliers d'articles.

6 (edited by unforgettable 2021-08-19 11:39:50)

Why has project deleted? How can we use pagination?

Hello
I found this example that I downloaded a long time ago. I hope it helps.

https://www.4shared.com/rar/0OAgh7Bcea/ … n_Loa.html

8 (edited by sdpc62 2021-08-21 15:55:07)

It's great, thank you lejoso.

Thank you  lejoso. You have upload a useful project but I need some more. If we add a previous button then how it will work?

Hi Unforgettable, Lejoso,
Try something like this (please see attached) for adding or subtracting additional rows from the tablegrid.
The 'limit' object property of the table has been set at 250 and the attached sample .db only has 1000 records but that is simply so it doesn't exceed the zipped file size limit on the Forum.  It will work just the same with many more records.
Maybe this helps.
Derek.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon SpeedTest100000 and button Load More 2.zip 913.65 kb, 289 downloads since 2021-08-22 

Hi derek,
            Thank you to attached project. It is useful but I wank to know how it work if we type for example 10 in  Edit2 on form1. The result should be only first 10 records and next or previous 10 records by pressing next or previous button respectively. Second, I want to know how can make this project to show data just like forum page of this site just like page Previous, 1, 2. 3...... Next
Thank to send earlier response.

Hi Unforgettable,
You could try something like this (please see attached).
Probably other ways too but this seems the easiest.
Derek.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon pagedgrid.zip 352.71 kb, 233 downloads since 2021-10-09