1 (edited by eyeman303 2022-01-09 11:44:10)

Topic: Drag file to Form field

Hello!
Is it possible to drag a file from Windows explorer, directly to a field in a form, which is of type StoreFile?
Regards,
Eyeman

Post's attachments

Attachment icon image_2022-01-09_171227.png 45.67 kb, 74 downloads since 2022-01-09 

Re: Drag file to Form field

Hi,
For one file.
The file is being written to database but I haven't tested it completely! (Wrong work if Type is LinkFolder. )
1.Create an OnDropFiles event for DBFile.
2.To the OnDropFiles event in the script:

procedure Form1_DBFile1_OnDropFiles (Sender: TObject; ArrayOfFiles: array of string; X, Y: Integer);
begin
        Form1.DBFile1.dbFileName := (ArrayOfFiles[0]);
        Form1.DBFile1.text := ExtractFileName((ArrayOfFiles[0]));
end;

Hi Sparrow,
Thank you. The solution works perfectly. Just want to know what does (ArrayOfFiles[0]) signify? What modification needs to be done if file type is LinkFile?
Regards,
Eyeman

4 (edited by sparrow 2022-01-10 18:42:37)

Hi Eyeman,
No additional modifications for LinkFile. Everything works, except LinkFolder.
Rather, LinkFolder works))) but with its own characteristics. Some inconveniences and additional code modifications.

(ArrayOfFiles[0]) - element "0" from the array of filenames that are passed to the OnDropFiles event. The array can contain N elements and the numbering of the elements starts from "0". "ArrayOfFiles" is just the name of an array for convenience.

Hi Sparrow,
Thanks for making the concept clear to me. I think the ability to drag a file into a document field will be a very useful option, in many of my projects.
Regards,
Eyeman