Topic: Reminder with alerts

Hi All,

The attached reminder utility updated and revised by EHW sometimes ago.

I can not get playing sound alert in loop mode.
Also added playing playing sound alert x times field but have no idea how to implement.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon ReminderTSA2_Revised EHW.zip 44.15 kb, 167 downloads since 2022-01-24 

Adam
God... please help me become the person my dog thinks I am.

2 (edited by Destiny 2022-01-24 15:31:08)

Re: Reminder with alerts

There is a similar topic on the forum, do a search.

Destiny

3 (edited by AD1408 2022-01-24 16:42:15)

Hi Destiny,

Thanks for the reply.

I always search before post. I couldn't find any solution to my specific issue "LOOPING" sound alert. If I missed and you know the thread for this solution please let me know the link.

Adam

Hi Adam,
Instead of trying to loop, would a more straightforward option be, if the loop checkbox is ticked, to simply update the 'due date/time' by NNN minutes and then just let the timer detect it again when it's next due?
Derek.

Adam,
I put in what you request, so when the reminder happens the sound byte will play the number of times specified in your reminder form. However, I'm not sure what the advantage is to having the alert sound multiple times. I agree with Derek's concept. I did this in one of my client's applications. I put in a reminder system and whenever a reminder happens a popup form is displayed with a sound. The user sees what the reminder message is and they have the option to either close the reminder out or set another reminder for a specified timeframe like 15 minutes or an hour, two hours, next day or whatever they desire. They don't have to go back to the original task reminder form to update it. You might want to consider that design.

Also, I hid the Play Once checkbox and the Loop checkbox in the reminder setup form. It is confusing if you are playing a sound a set number of times.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon ReminderTSA2_Play_Loop.zip 376.98 kb, 189 downloads since 2022-01-25 

Hi Derek,
Hi EHW,

Thank you very much....
Truly appreciated.......

Adam

I'd love to add the following features to the reminder; which I cannot do.
1. Currently text alert message appears after sound alert played. While showing alert text, I like it to play alert sound.
2. Display the alert on a custom form so that it can be customized, instead of a system message dialog.
3. Adding checkbox for displaying alert window on top or not.

Once again, My big thanks to EHW for his kind help.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon ReminderTSA3.zip 556.26 kb, 191 downloads since 2022-01-26 

Adam

AD1408 wrote:

I'd love to add the following features to the reminder; which I cannot do.
1. Currently text alert message appears after sound alert played. While showing alert text, I like it to play alert sound.
2. Display the alert on a custom form so that it can be customized, instead of a system message dialog.
3. Adding checkbox for displaying alert window on top or not.

Once again, My big thanks to EHW for his kind help.

Here is a free reminder application that I wanted to apply some of it's features as stated above.
FreeAlarmClockPortable - 4 MB
https://file.io/eJyrm0ELbM5t

Adam