Topic: User account tutorial

Hi everyone,

I tried the role based access. i don't know how to use  it...... is there a tutorial on this?

I tried to create a username and password but it doesn't recognize my created account.

hope you can guide me.

thanks in advance.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon user account.JPG 35.47 kb, 62 downloads since 2022-05-27 

-lemodizon

Re: User account tutorial

You need to upload your project so that others can see the exact steps you went through that caused the error.
Derek.

Hi derek,

here is my project file.

Thanks again.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon ims_ver1_05_27_2022.7z 287.32 kb, 128 downloads since 2022-05-27 

-lemodizon

Hi,
The problem you are encountering is that you are mixing your own forms (frmuser_add) which doesn't do any sort of password encryption with the MVD standard forms that use RC5 encryption. 
And simply adding RC5 encryption to frmuser_add and continuing to use the standard MVD login form wouldn't help because you do not know what encryption key Dmitry has used.
You either need to use the standard MVD routines for everything or write your own - just don't mix them!
If you write your own encryption, attached is a very simple example of how it could work (in the example, Form2 gives you the option to decrypt passwords which obviously you wouldn't use in a 'live' application - it's just there for demonstration purposes).;  use a password of 'admin' to gain access - after that you can add your own users and passwords with encryption.
Derek.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon encrypt decrypt.zip 564.27 kb, 145 downloads since 2022-05-27