Topic: FastReport

Hello!

I need help!.. can anybody with kind heart to help me about my problem in reporting.  I want to create a report that has line numbering on the left side of the documents as presented.  This is particularly happened on ordinances documents. Thus, anybody has an idea to create the same sample as attached.

Thank You!

Post's attachments

Attachment icon xxx.pdf 586.88 kb, 135 downloads since 2023-02-27 

2 (edited by Destiny 2023-02-27 10:28:42)

Re: FastReport

Hello, look at this example.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon sortsequence.zip 336.43 kb, 89 downloads since 2023-02-27 

Destiny

Hello Destiny.

Thank you for the sample but it is not actually the real desired concept of the report..

Thank You!

And this one, I think it will fit

Post's attachments

Attachment icon CounterEx.zip 337.79 kb, 79 downloads since 2023-02-27 

Destiny

Hello Destiny

Thank you for your help but It does not fit to my requirement.  Actually as an example, it is 1 memo record, but on the report, every line of the memo must have a numbering. that's the rule.  I hope this will possible on the richtext format.  Im so thankful if you can do it for me.

Thank you

Hi Manix,
In your attached .pdf example, you show a document that has line numbering starting at 1. 
However, what you have attached appears to be Page 2 of a document (it shows '2' at the bottom of the page) which I find a bit confusing. 
So my question is:
Is the line count for the entire document or does it get re-set to 1 at the start of each new page?
Derek.

Hello Derek

Actually I just printed the page 2 of the document. but the principle having a line numbering it will create line numbering per page... then on the second page it will create line numbering again starting to no. 1

Anyway i will attached the document for your review.   I need it so much thank you derek in advance.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon 1.pdf 1002.48 kb, 117 downloads since 2023-02-27 

Hi Manix,
I don't use FastReport very much at all and so I'm probably not the best person to answer.
However, a simple way to achieve what you want might be to use an overlay and within the overlay, use a text field with line numbers filled in. 
This means that with each new page, the sequence numbers start again at 01 which is what, I believe, you want.
The negative side is that once the report has finished, the sequence numbers will still print out for the rest of the final page which looks a bit unprofessional.
There are probably better ways to do it but, as I said, I only have a very basic knowledge of FastReport.
Derek.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon frline numbering.zip 344.2 kb, 105 downloads since 2023-02-27 

Thank you derek... at least it is very near to my desired results...