Topic: Moving a MasterData band in Fast Report

Good morning, everyone, and thank you for your interest.
I would like to create a print template by inserting a MasterData band. The problem is that it puts it at the top of the sheet for me and I can't post it further down in any way. I also tried increasing the "Top" property But she always remains there.
Thank you all and regards.

Re: Moving a MasterData band in Fast Report

Hi Fabio,
Lots of ways to do this but I think the quickest and easiest (and so the best for me!!) is to insert an empty header band and make it as deep as you want.
Please have a look at the attached screen shots.
Derek.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon fabio master data band.zip 160.78 kb, 105 downloads since 2023-04-02 

3 (edited by reteinformatica 2023-04-02 18:00:24)

Hello derek, a thousand of thanks (I don't know if it can say in english),
so the best thing would be to put the MasterData band last, right? In this case that I start from scratch would not be a problem but what if one had made a report and wanted to edit it without redoing everything?

Hi,
If I understand correctly, you shouldn't need to re-do anything.
Simply drop a 'header' band' on the report page and drag it to be above the 'master data' band and everything should automatically adjust.
Derek.

5 (edited by reteinformatica 2023-04-02 18:26:16)

All right! Thanks derek. I'm doing a new report but in a old one I had to modify the report and I didn't want to do everything from beginnig. Thank you very very much.
Could you tell me if it's possible to write a caption of a button in more lines and all in the center?

The button has a 'wordwrap' property for the caption (see the attached screenshot).
One thing to note is that the button caption is centred by default in standard MVD but is left justified if you use the 'styles' options (however, you can get around this by filling out the caption with spaces).
Derek.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon button caption.zip 74.7 kb, 89 downloads since 2023-04-02 

Hi derek, I had seen the WordWrap property but was wondering if there was a way to custom wrap a caption not only when it reaches the maximum length and if it was possible to center each line. Thank you!

As I said, you can centre the caption and make it 'appear' as if it wraps to a new line by inserting blank spaces to the maximum length of the button (see the attached example (which uses styles)).
Derek.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon button caption.zip 434.59 kb, 113 downloads since 2023-04-02 

Thanks derek, I realized that the trick is to put many spaces. Thank you very much.

Thanks derek, I realized that the trick is to put many spaces. Thank you very much.