Topic: checkbox convertion to Text

Hi everyone
I have a project that I need the checkboxes to convert to text.
What I like to do is that I record many employee's info including marital status (Married, Widow, divorced) and in one column of the tablegrid1 Form1 the project shows the marital status of that person.

first name   -   last name   - marital status
Jack                     Brown             Divorced
Sara                     Green             widow

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Marital Status.zip 334.76 kb, 73 downloads since 2023-05-20 

Re: checkbox convertion to Text

like this

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Marital Status.zip 335.29 kb, 82 downloads since 2023-05-20 

Destiny

thanks Destiny for your help but that is not exactly what I need.
I developed the project and recorded many instances so I can't change the way I record them.
I wonder if it is possible to convert the checkboxes to text using a script or a SQL Query?
thanks

Hi Identify, Destiny,
If you must take the 'checkbox' approach, you could try using a calculated field to display the relevant status (see attached).
However, I am not sure what advantages you gain by using separate checkboxes instead of using a single combobox - what if you need to add a new 'status'? 
Neither is it particularly good database design - a separate table to hold your statuses related to the main table ('boy') as suggested by Destiny would be much more straightforward.
But I appreciate that if it is an existing application that already uses checkboxes, then there are issues if you try to change the approach.
I also edited your script so that you don't have to 'uncheck' a checkbox before you 'check' another one - maybe it makes it a little bit more user-friendly.
Derek.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Marital Status fixed2.zip 337.65 kb, 111 downloads since 2023-05-20 

Hi everyone,
I have seen all three projects, without taking anything away from desteny who gave a nice suggestion, I must always say that what derek manages to invent is always incredible.

Hi all

Possibly so too.
The database is easier.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Marital Status fixed3.zip 328.16 kb, 81 downloads since 2023-05-21 

Another excellent solution from the usual sparrow