Topic: search (select...where) in database with RTF field

Hello everybody! Does anyone know how I can perform a query, using MVD's native search button, on a table that contains a field formatted in RTF?
The query, if possible, should be done with good performance and without having problems with the formatting codes, which are behind a text field edited with RTF. I've even thought about the possibility of having two fields: one in plain text format and a copy of it in another RTF field. Thank you in advance.

Roberto Alencar

Re: search (select...where) in database with RTF field

Hi Roberto,
I'd go with your idea of holding two fields - one being a hidden copy of the RTF field with all the formatting stripped out.
Then you can use the unformatted field to both search and display as a column in any tablegrid;  the formatted data in the RTF field remains unchanged.
Please see the attached example.
Derek.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon rtf search.zip 441.53 kb, 62 downloads since 2023-09-14 

Re: search (select...where) in database with RTF field

Hi Derek, once again I gratefully receive your help. I didn't know how to materialize the idea of 2 fields and the project you sent solved the problem! Thank you very much. I'm also thinking about taking advantage of another project that you sent to Adam, where the RTF is saved in an external file. Hugs.

Roberto Alencar