1 (edited by v_pozidis 2023-10-27 19:57:22)

Topic: What is the use of #checkbox

What is the use of the @checkbox in the tablegrid? I ask it because in a previous question I wanted a button to multidelete records from a tablegrid. Is it possible to use this only??

Re: What is the use of #checkbox

Help needed plz

3 (edited by brian.zaballa 2023-10-28 16:10:59)

Care to elaborate on what you really want to do? for multi-delete, you really don't need that checkbox actually, Just checking grid property Additional > Options > goMultiSelect, you can have your multi-delete. using the button. you can simply select by clicking while holding your keyboard's Shift(select all from the selected to the next row to select) or Ctrl(individually selecting row). You need to do some scripting for other checkings you want to do before deleting. You can also click one record from the grid and hit Ctrl+A to select all rows.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon testcheck3.zip 548.6 kb, 50 downloads since 2023-10-28 

brian

Hello pozidis

The check mark allows you to visually select the lines of a grid on which you want to apply an action (move, delete, edit on a state, etc.).

It does the same job as the Multi-Select option but without its visual aspect.
JB

jean.brezhonek wrote:

Hello pozidis

The check mark allows you to visually select the lines of a grid on which you want to apply an action (move, delete, edit on a state, etc.).

It does the same job as the Multi-Select option but without its visual aspect.
JB

the default delete function of the button doesn't really delete the checked ones with this #checkbox, so it needs to be done via script unfortunately.

brian

here's another example of script to force the checked row as selected before executing the delete function

Post's attachments

Attachment icon testcheck4.zip 549.09 kb, 64 downloads since 2023-10-28 

brian

Thank you all

Hi V_Pozidis, Everyone,
In answer to your question

what is the use of the #checkbox

I use it as a 'free-form' filter (I don't know how else to describe it). 
Often there is a sub-set of records that I want to work with and there is no common field that I can use to group them together - the selection can be completely random depending on the task. 
So the 'checkbox' is a way of manually filtering records.
Unfortunately, you cannot simply 'check' a number of records and then start to edit them because as soon as you have edited the first of the 'checked' rows and return to the tablegrid, all of the 'check marks' are removed. 
So to keep all of your 'checked' records together, you need to add a small script (see attached).
Perhaps this can help you.
Regards,
Derek.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon checkbox as filter.zip 451.94 kb, 72 downloads since 2023-10-29 

derek wrote:

Hi V_Pozidis, Everyone,
In answer to your question

what is the use of the #checkbox

I use it as a 'free-form' filter (I don't know how else to describe it). 
Often there is a sub-set of records that I want to work with and there is no common field that I can use to group them together - the selection can be completely random depending on the task. 
So the 'checkbox' is a way of manually filtering records.
Unfortunately, you cannot simply 'check' a number of records and then start to edit them because as soon as you have edited the first of the 'checked' rows and return to the tablegrid, all of the 'check marks' are removed. 
So to keep all of your 'checked' records together, you need to add a small script (see attached).
Perhaps this can help you.
Regards,
Derek.

Thank you Derek.