Topic: Search using EditCounter

Is there possible to show data on tablegrid for specific value or running valve in EditCounter? If yes then how?

Re: Search using EditCounter

If you attach your project, it helps to understand your problem. 
But in principle, searching a tablegrid by editcounter is no different to any other search component (text, value, combobox, date, checkbox etc).
Derek.

3 (edited by k245 2023-11-07 06:53:24)

To search by the record_count field, you need to use the TdbEdit component. Using the TdbCounter component for these purposes will lead to an internal My Visual Database error, since this component is intended only for adding new values to the record_count field through the editing form.
https://myvisualdatabase.com/forum/misc.php?action=pun_attachment&item=10048&download=0

Post's attachments

Attachment icon изображение_2023-11-07_095159771.png 5.28 kb, 14 downloads since 2023-11-07 

Визуальное программирование: блог и телеграм-канал.

4 (edited by k245 2023-11-07 06:59:44)

Filter by button
https://myvisualdatabase.com/forum/misc.php?action=pun_attachment&item=10049&download=0

Post's attachments

Attachment icon изображение_2023-11-07_095856230.png 30.22 kb, 14 downloads since 2023-11-07 

5 (edited by k245 2023-11-07 07:01:53)

Result
https://myvisualdatabase.com/forum/misc.php?action=pun_attachment&item=10050&download=0

Post's attachments

Attachment icon изображение_2023-11-07_100020895.png 2.25 kb, 17 downloads since 2023-11-07 

Hi Konstantin,
Very strange - I've never seen that error message before.
I've always been able to use an "editcounter" directly as a search filter (see attached).
Regards,
Derek.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon editcounter filter.zip 442.5 kb, 57 downloads since 2023-11-07 

Sorry, it was my mistake - I forgot to set the TableName component property  sad

I often do that too! big_smile
With regard to using an 'editcounter' as a filter, although it is possible, I often find it better to copy it to an edit field anyway so you can use the 'fuzzy' search (%s%) and "incremental search" options (neither of which are possible if you use the "editcounter" directly as a filter).
Regards,
Derek.

Hi Derek, I do not know why but your example does not find anything using the search.

Hi,
Works okay for me (see the attachment).
Derek.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon CaptureWiz.mp4 82.67 kb, 62 downloads since 2023-11-07 

Never mind, that was my tired eyes, I was missing a 0 when typing. What is the benefit to use an edit counter for a search?

Hi,
I guess it's the difference between 'search' and 'filter' (without getting weighed down in semantics smile).
When I use an editcounter (which doesn't allow 'fuzzy' searching), I'm not actually using it to search for a record that I can't find - I already know the number - I'm using it to filter out all the other rows in the tablegrid that I don't want and go directly to the record rather than always scrolling up and down;  in a tablegrid with a large number of rows, it's probably the fastest way of doing it.
Typically, I use an editcounter to auto-generated invoice or order numbers.
Of course, you can always copy an editcounter into a calculated field which would allow 'fuzzy' searching if that's more applicable;  as always, it depends on the actual requirement.
Derek.