Re: Creating Treeview like panel with new entries and groups

Hello Sparrow
Your improvements to the original project are superb.
And Cherry on the cake your Drag and Drop function.
I always fumbled to integrate it into my applications, it worked but through tortuous paths. Your job is a highway compared to my way of doing things.
Do you know why using a classic DBimage with a save button (classic in MVD) did not work in this project?
I have always used it in all my other projects, but there, nothing was ever displayed whereas in the \Covers folder (intended to store the cover images), their names appear, proof that the Save button was working. job ?
Thank you again for your involvement and to Derek too)
Sincerely
J.B.

27 (edited by sparrow 2024-01-13 20:08:18)

Hi  Jean, Frank.

Jean,
Sorry, I just got this mixed up.
I have corrected the text below.

We used Image in this project.
As for DBImage, the main obstacle was its functionality, which is different from other components.
For example, correct interception of image loading for recording in the database, similar to Edit and Memo.
Essentially, the DBImage component is an enhanced Image. Therefore, we used Image and attached some functions to it in the script.
If you need a Save button to save a picture from a storage location to another location you need, adding it is no problem.
In any case, there is room for creativity in a test project. Add Tree Search, ComboBox for Styles. Apply the color as Derek suggested.
A picture for a musician. It is possible to download and view multiple images for an album (requires database modification).
I think that at this stage it is necessary to divide this topic into two so as not to disturb Frank with other conversations. If you have any new questions or help, please create a new topic.
If any difficulties arise, I will try to help.

Frank,
You can find a description of the base structure for the tree and an example at this link. http://myvisualdatabase.com/help_en/pro … ings1.html
As far as I understand you, you want to make some kind of analogue of Persona.
You don't have enough database knowledge yet.
You have taken on a rather large project.
Start small. Don't try to do everything at once.
Let what you drew remain. Start first with the main tree in your project. Get the output to work.
Then Enable One Edit field. Let's say Name (its output in Edit , its editing and saving to the database).
At this stage, through trial and error, you will begin to understand how the components interact with each other.
The next step is to connect the ComboBox. Etc..
And of course read the forum, books, websites. Use examples of solutions from forum members.
Persona uses XML in its work. It stores reference books, saved characters, and projects in this format.
As you gradually expand your program, you will add data from XML to SQLite tables. Now your database is all in one pile.

Hi guys,

Thanks a lot sparrow for the steps and insights.
I'll do these asap.

Yes I had found the xml files of Persona and converted them to csv but I'm not familiar with it yet so I couldn't use it.
attachments-us1-cloud-deskpro-com.s3.amazonaws.com/files/962/294/293258JMXAWQTNQRXRMYY0-Persona-Extra-Samples.zip
convertcsv.com/xml-to-csv.htm

Get back asap with next progress!