Topic: PDF viewer in separate windows on form (like a JPG photos)

Hello everyone
Is it possible to create an application in MVDB for processing PDF documents in such a way as to create a preview window for the selected record?
Thank you in advance

Re: PDF viewer in separate windows on form (like a JPG photos)

darko.bublic wrote:

Hello everyone
Is it possible to create an application in MVDB for processing PDF documents in such a way as to create a preview window for the selected record?
Thank you in advance

Is there any reason you want to program a window for previewing? For me it is much easier to let your user's PC to handle the viewing of PDF. If no installed PDF viewer, browsers nowadays can pretty handle previewing PDFs. This is if you are accessing a record, a PDF file.

But if you want to create a PDF in MVD using record from your database, then MVD can handle this easily.

brian

I would like to create an archive management application. Scanned documents with manually entered searchable metadata. Attached is a screenshot of how it should look. Can MVD use the flatbed scanner directly from the program?
Thank you for your reply.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon viber_slika_2024-03-01_08-07-31-456.jpg 240.38 kb, 5 downloads since 2024-03-07 

4 (edited by brian.zaballa 2024-03-07 08:12:15)

I haven't tried it yet, let's hope someone does. But there is so called TComPort Class embedded in MVD. I believe it is something to do with want you want to attain (communicating with hardware connected to the PC I guess). Not have much of a time to research but try here.

https://blogs.embarcadero.com/powerful- … n-windows/

Not all in that post can be used as to MVD Pascal Script do have limitations such as creating Type, etc

brian

I'm not an expert but here's a sample, worth a try. Unfortunately, I don't have with me a flatbed scanner or other devices to test.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon TestComport.zip 1.02 mb, 44 downloads since 2024-03-07 

brian

6 (edited by brian.zaballa 2024-03-07 08:28:55)

Also you might want to check derek's latest post about TWebBrowser Container. It might help with your design.

https://myvisualdatabase.com/forum/view … hp?id=8872

brian

darko.bublic wrote:

... Can MVD use the flatbed scanner directly from the program?

Com port has nothing to do with this.
Directly from the program you can.
But this is not for a beginner and will require you to have sufficient knowledge to write appropriate scripts.
If you are ready to search, read and learn, then you will succeed.

sparrow wrote:
darko.bublic wrote:

... Can MVD use the flatbed scanner directly from the program?

Com port has nothing to do with this.
Directly from the program you can.
But this is not for a beginner and will require you to have sufficient knowledge to write appropriate scripts.
If you are ready to search, read and learn, then you will succeed.

Just realized it by reading the article. Anyway, just thinking maybe darko.bublic wants to create the pdf by directly reading the images from the scanner? Which basically needs a complicated process. I'm no expert in this field. That flatbed I think do have some software and drivers that handle in creating pdfs I think it is easier to have these software and driver to handle these tedious works then just upload it in database via MVD.

brian

Here is the answer in this definition:
"The Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) Automation Layer is a full-featured image manipulation component that provides end-to-end image processing capabilities. The WIA Automation Layer makes it easy to acquire images from digital cameras, scanners, or Web cameras, and to rotate, scale, and annotate your image files."
This is about scanning and it works. But the conversion to PDF needs to be checked.
And MVD is intended for something else. Although you can hammer in a nail with a microscope.)