Topic: local network problem

Hello,
I don't know if i'm doing anything wrong but if i share my project on a local network, in the other pc they can open and do everything in the project, the only thing that is not working is one datafield.

I have a data field in the project to link to a folder , of i give it a way for that folder and save it, in the other pc if they click to open it, nothing is opened.

Re: local network problem

Is anything to do with the option where the database is saved?

Hello,

Try to run the project on a remote computer directly from the shared folder.

Dmitry.

it sounds like that this folder that is linked in the data field is not accessible from the other computer.
if the path to the folder starts with a drive letter, you have to make sure that the same path is mapped on all computers that will use the database.
if instead the folder used in your data field is in UNC format (i.e. something like \\server\folder\...\), then you have to make sure that the all the users that will be using any computer that needs access to the shared folder has the required permissions (to at least read, if not read and write) to that folder.
note that the above assumes that the folder in question is indeed a shared folder.

Dennis

i will try the two solutions tomorrow wink

DriveSoft wrote:

Hello,

Try to run the project on a remote computer directly from the shared folder.

if i do that it will solve for the other pcs? for example if i have four remote computers, should i run only in one? or i have to do in all of them?

Montenegr0
I don't have your project, just try it )
You can run project for all four computers in same time.

Dmitry.

tomorrow  i will try it wink

8 (edited by Montenegr0 2015-04-10 20:06:17)

the problem was because the path like mr_d said.
Already solve it wink

thanks to both