Topic: Having trouble with Import CSV script

First let me start by saying I am rookie to databases and have look thru your forum to get up to speed on databases. My question is that I am having trouble getting my import CSV script to work. Is there any way to have some one look at what I am doing wrong.

Thanks
Jack

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Basketball_Card_Database.vdb 19 b, 548 downloads since 2015-07-22 

Re: Having trouble with Import CSV script

Hello,

Please attach whole folder of your project (zip file without exe and dll), I'll try to help you.

Dmitry.

Thanks for quick response.

Jack

Post's attachments

Attachment icon My Visual DataBase.zip 431.13 kb, 481 downloads since 2015-07-22 

taxijack wrote:

Thanks for quick response.

Jack

Ready.
Press button "Import" and selec file MyInventory.csv

Post's attachments

Attachment icon My Visual DataBase_fixed.zip 203.45 kb, 593 downloads since 2015-07-22 

Dmitry.

Thanks.

Great Support. That fixed my problem. Will spread the word about the problem to others. Exactly what I was looking for. I now I understand what you did.

Jack

You are welcome )

Dmitry.

Well I have since made three other databases with the import CSV file and they worked fine. But now I started an inventory one to the way I wanted it, but for the life me cannot get it to run. I thought I had the script thing down but it seems I don't. All I am trying to do is import CSV file. I have read the help file several times now and just am not getting it. Need to see if someone can help me with this one. Just trying to make sure I can do everything I want before I purchase the program. I have attached my project below without the dll or exe.

Thanks
Jack

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Jacks_Inventory_Master.zip 8.41 kb, 497 downloads since 2015-07-26 

Hello taxijack

I've tried your project
There is no action coded behind Import CSV button
Perhaps an omission ?

JB

I have setup just like the other database you help me with before above in this thread. And it also have no action. What should it be then.