Topic: SQL Query in ComboBox referring to another Combobox Result

Hi everybody,

I am in trouble trying to assign an SQL Query to a Combobox using the choice of another Combobox.

I have 2 tables

Ports                                                                                                                      Switches
id | id_Switches | Ports    | id_VLANS | id_Status                                                id | Hostname    | etc....
1  |           1        | Gi1/0/1 |         1       |         1                                                       1 | Hostname1 |
2  |           1        | Gi1/0/2 |         6       |         1                                                       2 | Hostname2 |
3  |           1        | Gi1/0/3 |         4       |         2                                                       3 | Hostname3 |

In Combobox 1, I choose the switch Hostname and in Combobox, I would like to be able to choose only 1 port for filtering

How could I do this without entering thousands of entries in a new column in Ports?

The proper SQL Query should be :

select p.ports,p.id
from switches s
left join ports p on s.id=p.id_Switches
where s.id=+Choice of Combobox 1+

Re: SQL Query in ComboBox referring to another Combobox Result

If I understanding correctly you need linked list, here you can file the example:
http://myvisualdatabase.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1425

Dmitry.

Kind of,

when using this example, I have the ports listed but it does not filter the results in the grid for searching. I already sent you my project some days ago smile

tcoton
Please send me your project again to support@drive-software.com

Dmitry.

For the sake of other users lokking for similar feature, Dmitry sent to me version 1.53 beta and it works. smile

Thanks Dmitry!