Re: Maintain Text typed in Text Box Cells Visible.

Hello heribertom6466

I have reconsidered your links between different tables.
According your diagramm (05/09/2015) there are 2 elements to consider :

Databases Parts and Vendors on the one hand.
Those 2 are linked independently of table Truck.

Into one grid, you can work only whith these.
No interaction with Truck.

OK ?

Now, on the other hand,there are three tables : Trucks, Accident and  Inventory.
You can work only with those three tables.

This restricts the locations where you can display information.
You will turn continuously between these three tables.
Is this how you see your project ? Have I understood your idea ?

If Yes, it is easy to work and create a projet more or less complex

JB

Tcoton,

I greatly apologize, not explaining my self in detail.
I have a company that conducts Installation and maintenance services to dealerships.I have all my parts stored in a large warehouse, also I have 5 trucks that require parts to be carried in order to carry out the job. Being in a large and fast moving city like Los Angeles their is a high possibility of my drivers getting in to an accident of any type.

On software:
Want to have a database that allows me to search through all my inventory parts in the warehouse. Additionally have the option to keep a positive inventory control of all parts my trucks carry with them to the job site. Since accidents do happen, I would also like to have this in record and keep a history of accident reports for my workers.

Well, this morning I did not go to sleep till 5:00 am I was high on coffee and pre-workout supplements. not the best combination but it helped. :-D
I stepped back and observed my database schema and how I executed this database system. Well, It's now simplified and got it down.
I made the parts inventory form from the warehouse. I can search, add, and export to excel. works great.
Made a button that takes me to the Trucks Inventory form, this is where I store all vehicles inventory and in the inventory I added a "Truck No." this identifies the vehicle. So in this form I can search for a "Truck No." in result gives me all the inventory for a particular truck. works great. I also made the "TruckNo." on the Table NULL. This way my administrator does not forget to add the corresponding truck to the inventory.
in this form I created a form called "Accidents" which provides all necessary information to fill out an accident report. Here I can search by "Truck, person, and date" and analyze the history of all accidents.

I have to say I finished it. :-D
I'm just making it look pretty.
Thanks guys greatly appreciate your help. :-D

Eddie

Hello JB,

That's correct.
As I stated to 'Tcoton" I finally completed the project. :-D

I started with a Spiderman design on my Tables. Didn't work to well. LOL
I broke everything down and simplified it. I guess I was trying to do more than what I'm capable at this time.
Just confused myself.

All is done and working.
Thanks for all your help I greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,
Eddie

Another question...

Say I updated the database on my end.
How can I send the project  to my Admin personnel and have her database reflect the updated version on her end?

Thank you,
Eddie

Hi,

good to hear that you sorted it out, well done. Keeping databases updated is the easiest part of the project smile

Send the full folder without the .vdb file ( the project file) to you Admin personnel only once and after that, exchange the SQLite.db file when the application is closed. This file contains all your data, the value of your company wink Keep a copy of this file somewhere safe at any time!!

Hello heribertom6466

Happy to know you've finalized your project.
Let us know if everything works well permanently and si we can halp you again.
About your last question,in all cases your database must be constantly updated
is your database on server ?
How many users work simultaneously on it  ?

JB

As mentioned by JB, you could also store your project on a shared folder (as I do for a corporate small app)

Hello JB and Tcoton,

The project will utilized by one person (no servers) to worry about. :-)

Although if it was to be placed in a shared folder.
The link to the share drive (project folder) would be placed
in ->Options->settings (database location)?

Greatly appreciate your help
Thanks guys.

Eddie

Hello heribertom6466

In my mind, when you say 'shared folder', it sounds like many users can access ont the same folder.
They 'share' this folder by the way of a server.

If there is only one user, whay do you mean by share drive (and consequently the project) ?

With all my applications developped with MVD, there is only one user.
So, all files of my project stand in one and only one folder).
So I can distribute the whole of the application.

A read

JB

Hello JB,

For the project that I created there will only be one user only.

In regards to the share drive. I was curious cause I noticed on the options-> settings ->database location.  Where I can input the share drive link for multiple users (multiple users).

Eddie

Hello hibertom6466

In the case of use on server, simply place the database file ("sql.db") in a shared folder or on a network drive, then go to "Options"> "Database location" and select the file path and finally restart application.

JB

JB,

I would never thought of that.. I'm glad I asked. big_smile

again Thank you,

Eddie