Topic: Pro version of MVD Library and Form Manager Tool

I am working on a full featured version of my original MVD Form Copier tool http://myvisualdatabase.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=856

This new product will be a combination of a MVD Library manager to capture and track scripts, forms, and projects and other items that may be important as part of your development using MVD.

Here are some initial screenshots of my new solution.

There are two components: 1)  MVD Library which captures and tracks scripts, forms, and projects within a database system developed using MVD.  2) a full featured "PRO" version of MVD Form Copier tool, which is now a Form and Project managment tool.

MVD Library - allows the developer to capture and track scripts, forms, projects and other notes.
http://backdoortechnology.com/public/MVD%20Library.png

Launch the Pro tool from within the MVD Library from the Tool menu
http://backdoortechnology.com/public/Launch%20MVD%20Form%20Copier.png

Form and Project Management Tool - "Pro" - the free copier functionality is still intact.
http://backdoortechnology.com/public/MVD%20Form%20Copier%20-%20PRO.png

Any questions or suggestions please leave for me in this thread.

Rob

Re: Pro version of MVD Library and Form Manager Tool

Te rog trimite-mi si mie o copie, am incercat varianta postata pe forum si nu a functionat pentru mine, te rog trimite varianta cu MVDB, multumesc anticipat.

Please send me a copy, I tried version posted on the forum and did not work for me, please send MVDB version, thanks in advance.

Good idea! Please post it here for try.

Will do.  I posted an updated version of the copier tool, if you want to try that until this new solution is ready.

I am anxious to use this.

Don Bledsoe

7 (edited by rjkantor 2017-02-16 23:11:29)

Hello beta testers....

I have an early preview version ready.  If you are not good with testing new software pass on downloading this until we get some time against the code.  The Pro version is comprise of two components 1) a dot net executable and 2) a mvd database component.

Install the MVDCopy.zip (setup.exe) first and then the MVDCatalog.zip.  Upon first launch of the MVDCopy application it will look for the sqlite.db for the MVDCatalog.  The default path is c:\users\<userprofile>\Documents\My Visual Database\Projects\MVDCatalog.  If that path does not exist, the application will prompt you to provide the location of the database.  Once it starts successfully, you can go into the "Pro Config" and permanently set the path to the MVDCatalog if you do not use the default location.

File links:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/297 … Copier.zip
www.backdoortechnology.com/public/MVDCatalog.zip

• If you don't have the .net framework installed you will need to install or the MVD Copy application will not run.

• Refreshed the MVD Form Copier [2/25/2016] made some fixes and extended trial date.

Let me know what issues you run into and I will work with you to get the solution to install.

Thank you and enjoy.

Rob

Zone Alarm detected a virus problem with your setup.exe in MVDCopy.zip

I installed it eventually and I will try it out if it continues to work.

The copy worked fine, but it would be even better if you could copy the specific table linked to the form.

or even have a choice of the files you wanted to copy by means of a file manager tick box system.

Drive Soft

This Copy Tool would be great for MyVisualDatabse Main Menu listed under 'Tools', but may need to be more integrated to your software.

In fact why don't you give Rob the creator of the Copy Tool a Partnership he could bring more tools and programming skills to your Team.

If you have not got a team of people helping you out, you must have to much work, looking after the forum, creating new additions, updating errors, and helping customers\clients out, etc.

The Engineer wrote:

The copy worked fine, but it would be even better if you could copy the specific table linked to the form.

or even have a choice of the files you wanted to copy by means of a file manager tick box system.

Your asking for a way to copy the db schema that is related to a form, is that correct?  I will have to see if this is possible.  The forms are a self contained file which can be manipulated.  I will have to see what I can access as far as the db structures and if they can be inserted into another project.

Currently, the copy tool supports a single form copy or an import all into the MVDCatalog.  The idea was once in the db the form can then be managed and copied as needed.  Are you looking for a way to select multiple forms to be copied into a new project or the database or both?

Rob

Not really because you could copy them across individually.

I am thinking of the Table which is relation to the form copied, then just alter minor adjustment to the table.

ie: copy - form\table and what ever is allocated to them.

Since Forms don't have direct correlation to tables.  What if I provide the ability to select the tables to import into another project and/or into the MVDCatalog db.

http://www.backdoortechnology.com/public/MVDCopier.png

Let me know your thoughts.

Rob

So what is the difference.

above you have created a selection process for a Form that you want to copy and 2 Table to copy with it which to me will work in the copying process and you get both the Form and associated Table.

to me, when copying a form you should be able to copy all it's associates with example. Form\Table\Programming etc.

If this can't be done in one program then create individual simple apps to do the job.

But it's always better to have one app that does all.

Think of your selection process Select Form, so when you select form the only table/s associated with that form should appear in the second selection window. Thus copying all to a location.

I hope I have help you out.

If you create a simple File Manager that Locates all My Visual Database associated files that is everything you are always on a winner, because you can create a Drag and Drop, Copy or Delete, whatever.

A file manager that looks after all is the best route. better than Buttons everywhere

If you can't create a file manager.

It might be better for Drive Soft to create it within their system.

Per DriveSoft a form has no direct relationship to a table or programming in the forms.xml.   Therefore, I don't have a good reference to ensure I get all the components that your looking to move at once.  What I am proposing is to let the user select the form and the table they want to copy.

This way they control what is being copied into a specific project.

Rob

Sounds ok.

Just trying Help you develop it further, I evaluate software. What's good for some it not for others, this is why I try to help all.

as for Drive Soft forms they can be individual but it depends on the developer of the database and if he/she relates a table to a form or not. Obviously you can just have one table to suit all forms.

Everyone does things different.

Anyway Good Luck.

Hello rjkantor, i'm trying to test your application forms to copy, but this link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ccdqk3rg6jp6l … y.zip?dl=0 has expired.  You could spend a new link?  Thank you.